Finished my Maine Real Estate Sales Agent course yesterday.

Finished my Maine Real Estate Sales Agent course yesterday.

Real Estate Agent · Bar Harbor, ME · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 43 votes

So I just finished the Sales Agent course, I am going to schedule my test on Monday. But let me get this straight - to be a Real Estate Sales Agent you basically have to be part Attorney, part Accountant, part Loan Officer, part Contractor, have sales skills, admin skills, marketing skills, know history / modern day information on the state your selling in... Did I miss anything?

It's all good. I figure if someone else can master this then I can too. But wow, I was surprised to learn how much is involved in selling real estate! One thing I will say is being someone who's been in small business most of my life, it is pretty amazing how every last thing is done with so much transparency. From relationships between Agent and client to relationships between brokerages. Every last detail is gone over and explained thoroughly and signed off on. It's a lot different from the world I come from. So much protection for everyone on all sides.

Maybe I am a newbie and being naive but it feels safer and less risky compared to other businesses. But also very tedious and labor intensive at times. There's no corners to cut or short cuts here!

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Laconia, NH · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 40 votes
4y

Congrats on finishing the course and good luck on your test! We definitely wear many hats in this career (don't forget therapist), but always advise that clients speak with qualified professionals on anything outside your scope (legal, tax, etc) to avoid any trouble! It's definitely a rewarding career but it can be grueling at times and very tedious like you said. If you need a referral partner in New Hampshire feel free to reach out!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Laconia, NH · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 40 votes
    4y

    Congrats on finishing the course and good luck on your test! We definitely wear many hats in this career (don't forget therapist), but always advise that clients speak with qualified professionals on anything outside your scope (legal, tax, etc) to avoid any trouble! It's definitely a rewarding career but it can be grueling at times and very tedious like you said. If you need a referral partner in New Hampshire feel free to reach out!

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    You forgot friend, consultant, advisor, marriage counselor, psychologist, therapist, errand runner, appointment setter, economist, psychic , taxi driver, cookie baker (open houses), designer, negotiation expert, and probably 100 more....

    Good luck and best wishes.

  • Real Estate Agent · Bar Harbor, ME · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 43 votes
    4y

    @Bruce Lynn Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Bar Harbor, ME · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 43 votes
    4y

    @Joia B. Thank you! I will keep your offer in mind, I really appreciate it!

  • Sean DelisleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Londonderry, NH · Member since 2021 · 102 posts · 50 votes
    4y

    I think everyone basically nailed the job description with their comments above, lol.  I'm licensed in NH and ME.  Study hard, the tests aren't easy.  I'm glad you recognized what goes into becoming and being an agent!  I hope you pass on the first try, but don't get discouraged if you don't.  It doesn't have any reflection on the type of agent you will be.  Best of luck!

    Elevate Property Group|BHHS Verani5131 Reviews
  • Jen WhiteheadPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Southern Maine · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 36 votes
    4y

    Congratulations @Ian Meyer!!! It feels like it was just yesterday that you mentioned you were thinking about taking the course. The prep agent channel on youtube is SO helpful for studying for the state exam. Best of luck to you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.