Any Real Estate Agents or Brokers in NYC want to connect?

Any Real Estate Agents or Brokers in NYC want to connect?

Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

I am looking to connect with real estate agents and brokers in New York City. I've always loved real estate! I bought my first investment in my 20s in NYC. After getting subpar service from some agents in my home search, I decided to get my real estate license, while still working fulltime at my W2 job, to educate myself about the process. I worked part-time in addition to my 9-5, sponsored by some small firms that did not provide much guidance or mentorship. Ultimately, with time came hands-on experience and knowledge, building my contacts as well. Then, I focused on buying more properties for myself for cash flow, as well as raising my young child, keeping the stable but boring 9-5. 

I now have the itch to help clients again, but wanted to pick the brains of any NYC real estate agents or brokers... particularly the day to day, what to expect if doing this full-time. No matter what I do, I feel my passion is in real estate, whether that be as an agent or in some other capacity. I feel I am at the stage in my life where I want to pursue this more and often wonder what could have been if I went all in or was sponsored by a big brokerage with a known brand.

Can anyone provide insight? Happy to connect privately too. Maybe we can figure out a way where my skills can help with any projects you may have currently as well. Eager to dive in and get to work. 

0Reply
21 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hello @Christina R.,

    If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend reading Gary Keller's The Millionaire Real Estate Agent. In my opinion, this is one of the best RE books for anyone looking to be an agent. I'd also recommend checking out the BP Bookstore for David Greene's book.

    As far as what to expect from the day to day, here is a general schedule I'd recommend to any new full-time agent:

    5:30-8:30am - morning routine: Silent time (prayer, affirmations, mindfulness exercises, meditation, etc) ; exercise ; journaling ; breakfast ; shower 

    8:30am-9am - script/role play : find other agents to practice call scripts and presentations with... I did this with my wife when I was a new agent and didn't know many agents. She was the worst client I ever had haha! But the tougher the role play partner, the more you learn.

    9-11am - Prospecting : This is THE most important part of your day. If you did not prospect for new business (cold calling, door knocking, texts, etc.) you can consider it a day in which you did not work.

    11am-12pm - Follow-up : Reach back out to people whom you've already prospected/contacted for new business to check in and see how they're doing. This reminds them that you're ready to help them when its time for them to buy/sell/invest

    12-1pm Lunch : gotta eat

    1-6pm : Appointments

    * For newer agents who do not have appointments, use the afternoon to do more prospecting and following up. This is also a good time to work on things like your social media presence (engagement + content creation), educate yourself on the market, attend trainings, go to networking events, Read, etc.

    6-8pm dinner and family time

    8-10pm Wind down time, evening journaling, prep for the next day

    10pm Zzz

    I hope this helps and wish you all the best on your journey!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.