I'm tired of being poor. I'm ready to make a move now.

I'm tired of being poor. I'm ready to make a move now.

Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 0 votes
the stats

Hey everyone,

I'm 25 years old. COVID has challenged me in ways many aren't familiar with. First, I've never held a full-time W-2 job. So much for the stories I was fed about going to college for a degree that would grant me greater career stability. 

All my jobs have been either 1099, or (W-2) part-time with "full-time" hours depending on clients. 

I've worked in sales and health insurance industries. I was a 1099 contractor selling solar for 100% commissions. I made $0 dollars. I live in San Diego, CA with my parents rent free making $30 per chapter I edit for an author publishing a fantasy novel. It's not stable. 

I have $19 in my bank account and $800 in savings. I recently found a property listed on Zillow in Waterbury CT for $97k. It's a multifamily residence with 11 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. I could make it cashflow and live there as a landlord while working at a retailer or something until I get a more stable job whose money I can save up for a further investment.

The trouble is that I have no money right now. Without full-time W-2 wages over the past 2 years, I have no clue how I'm supposed to qualify for a loan. My credit is above 780. I have NO debts. I'm just sick of not having money.

I want to be able to jump on something and commit to it.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get financing on this property without the typical requisite qualifications needed?

I have a call with the realtor this afternoon and will be asking about whether the property has any structural or foundational issues.


0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Here's a link to the full report of the property: https://drive.google.com/file/...

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Quito Barajas wow those property taxes are high. If that’s correct. It’s not a deal. Can definitely help you go over it. I currently have a rental in Waterbury.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.