Anyone in my general area of New England?

Anyone in my general area of New England?

Damariscotta, ME · Member since 2013 · 57 posts · 3 votes

I would love the opportunity to do some live, face to face networking and brain picking about all sorts of real estate investments. Does anyone else live in mid-coast Maine? Anywhere in Maine? NH? MA? I'm not even in a city, just a small town, and feeling rather isolated in this new venture which I'm so determined to succeed in.
Ru

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
13y

Ru, there are lots of people to connect with. Not sure how many BP'ers are from Maine, but do a search, and also set up your keywords to notify you when someone posts about Maine. There is also a REIA, Tim Callahan runs the Southern Maine REIA - mainereia.com I think if I were you I'd make the trip down to Portland to connect.

There are lots of MA investors here on BP, and a few from NH. I live in NH and invest in NH and lend in MA and NH. Keyword alerts are great ways to stay connected with your local groups, also try meetup.com to see if there are Maine meetups.

Welcome to BP!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Ru, there are lots of people to connect with. Not sure how many BP'ers are from Maine, but do a search, and also set up your keywords to notify you when someone posts about Maine. There is also a REIA, Tim Callahan runs the Southern Maine REIA - mainereia.com I think if I were you I'd make the trip down to Portland to connect.

    There are lots of MA investors here on BP, and a few from NH. I live in NH and invest in NH and lend in MA and NH. Keyword alerts are great ways to stay connected with your local groups, also try meetup.com to see if there are Maine meetups.

    Welcome to BP!

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Ru,

    Though I'm in your general area, I'm not in New England :-)

    I do travel the 95 corridor to Portsmouth and Boston on a regular basis and have started looking for opportunities south of Auburn.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Ru! I invest over in Vermont, which is where I'm originally from. Personally I've had success with owner finance deals, and then later working with small local banks for purchase and rehab financing. I generally rehab and hold for rentals.

    If you have specific questions, just let me know.

    - Tom

  • Wholesaler · Three Rivers, MA · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Welcome Ru! I am getting started down here in Western MA. I'd also be happy to talk anytime! I intend to build my business, at least at first, here in the Western and Central parts of the state.

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    13y

    Ru Monsell,
    Kenneth LaVoie is in Winslow, Me.
    He is a very active Real Estate Investor in Maine.
    He is an occasional poster on this site.

    Raymond

  • Damariscotta, ME · Member since 2013 · 57 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Thanks, Ann. I will do exactly as you've suggested. I had already put "Maine" in as one of my keywords this morning. Are you finding it fertile ground investing in NH? I'm spending a week there in Oct. Any auctions going on?
    Thanks,
    Ru

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    There are always auctions, the biggest auction house in nh is jsjauctions.com. I would not recommend, however, trying to learn the market and buy at auction in one week. Auctions in NH are at the property, so you have to drive all over the state every day to chase auctions.

  • Investor · Topsham, ME · Member since 2009 · 34 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Ru.... I'm in Brunswick and just starting to get back into it... I bought for awhile and when my contractor and I decided to go different ways I stopped. I'm getting back into it now, I just bought a property in Topsham and have just started gutting it out. Keenanauction.com is a good Maine auction company all the Keenan's are friendly and helpful even more so when they get to know you!! What are your goals and plans?


    Tim

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.