Blair Halver System - why I'm not buying

Blair Halver System - why I'm not buying

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes

So I've been doing alot of research, on this forum and others, plus reading, watching videos, etc. I had my choices of "systems" to buy into down to Greg Pinneo and Blair Halver. I own a franchise and am about to buy into another one, so I like the concept of purchasing a system, or formula and making that the foundation for your own business. To be clear, and without ego, the franchise I do own has been on the top 10 in the country since my 2nd year, or for 6 straight years now. I'm not new to business, nor am I not aggressive when I need to be.  But I also like education. 

I had a call with Blair Halver's guy, Chris Kiser, about a month ago, just a preliminary type call, he was pushing the sale, but I expected nothing less.  Their system is designed for the impulse buyer for sure.  If Blair wants to contest that, I still have Chris' number saved in my phone, along with dates, and times we talked still.  Chris gave me what seems to be the standard "I'll call you back in two weeks" line that everyone gets, and like the other reviews here, I never heard back from him. 

I also talked to Greg Pinneo personally, and his daughter Everest about a month ago.  No pressure, just nice people. 

So now that I've narrowed it down to those two systems, I sign up for another phone call with both folks, but this time I have a good 10-15 questions I want to ask them about. The first of which being simply, "why buy properties now?" Seems to me that values will be falling and inevitably rents will drop (in 2008-2012 in SWFL [where I live], rents dropped significantly because of the economy) and so my first question to both was, why buy now? Isn't this trying to catch a "falling knife", as Ken McElroy calls it. 

Pinneo response:  "I totally understand why you are nervous, you should be..." and the conversation went on. It was never about the sale, it was about seeing my point of view and trying to address the issue.  I then went on with the rest of my questions and got them all answered. 


Halver response:  "How many deals have you done? Let's just get started now and not worry about that..."  and the conversation declined from there.  Never unprofessional, or unruly, but the more I tried to explain why I was interested in learning more about the system and would even pay for it now, but wasn't interested in doing deals for a year (their things is you get a deal in the first 90 days or your money back), the more agitated Chris got.  After trying to restate my point and re-ask the question in different ways, he finally stated to me "you're just not going to be a good fit for our system" and we ended the call. It was mutual at that point. 

So if anyone else is wondering about Halver's system, this is the experience I had. If you aren't going to pay them and go along like a sheep, they want nothing to do with you. You aren't allowed to question anything, just pay up and worry about the rest later.  

Made my decision much easier. 

So thanks Blair, I appreciate your employees telling me what I had suspected about your system from the start. 

3Reply
129 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

@Bruce A Lopes Jr

Thanks for sharing Bruce. 

Also, I always find it funny how when someone posts their negative experience about a guru, there will be contradictory responses from some folks who just joined BP for the sole purpose of having the gurus back and posting said contradictory statements. Surely the gurus don't expect a semi-intelligent person to believe these accounts weren't made up merely for such responses. 

See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Hey Bruce A Lopes Jr

    I actually had a different perspective on blair halver’s program . I joined his PipeLine program in 2019 and then later joined his 90-Day apprentice program In 2020. So far I’ve gotten 3 wholesale deals , 2 terms (lease purchase) deals and managed to buy 3 properties w/ cash outright using his techniques. 

    Blair gave me the tools and mentor ship — but I had to do the work . I intend to scale my real estate business even greater in 2021 to retire from my 9-5. 

    I’m happy to share my experience w/ you anytime . 

  • Hallandale, FL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Blairs system and why I bought.

    Regarding the comment above . I have found a completely different experience with Blair's program.

    Since I joined with him over a year ago I have found them to be nothing but professional. They go out of their way to answer any questions that I have.

    I have never felt  uncomfortable or that it was just about the money with them. I feel they have given me far more than I could have ever paid them for.

    In the last 4 months I have done 5 deals and  that was during covid.. This includes an owner finance deal  and 4 subject to.

    I currently own them all and have lease purchase tenants in them.

    My experience with Blair and his system has been life changing.

    I would have been the biggest fool if I did not believe and invest in this program

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Glad it worked for you two (I, for the record, never said it didn't work), but his employee's attitude totally turned me off and I wanted those who may be considering signing on with him to know what my experience was. It was a used car sales pitch from start to finish. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    I mean pretty much every sales system ever is set up to be "impulse buy" lol. I took Blair Halver's course and implemented every step along the way and it changed my life. I added 30 units to my portfolio this year almost all of them no money down, generated some great wholesale income from the leads and work less than 10 hours per week now. It was a pretty big time investment but now I have an actual real estate business. I watched his webinar did one sales call and I knew it was the right program for me. The "course" is definitely and investment but to have coaching calls every week is invaluable. 

    @bruce 

    @Bruce A Lopes Jr everybody wants to buy but nobody wants to be sold right? I don't think the salesman is reflective of the course, I've actually brought in 3 of my friends to the program because I thought it was so good. 

    And as far as when to buy real estate... when you buy with massive equity and great cash flow you can buy in any market at any time and not worry about what the economy is going to do. :) good luck

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hope you are having  a wonderful week Mr. Lopez, "Wow " I am really surprised with how ur experience was when you reached out to Blairs program.  Honestly my experience has been excellent since i joined back in July of 2019. From the initial call to our weekly calls everyone there is always super nice and amazing at what they do. Blair, Jeffrey, Ashley and the rest of the team are always very helpful and always seem to have thier best interests in our success.  Super nice and very professional all the time. Not sure what happen that day but I can assure you it is an amazing program and the group is super supportive of each other ! Love thier systems and the support they give us. We are all like family! Hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving with your loved ones Mr Lopez! Best of luck on your new venture!

  • Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Hello,

    Bruce, sorry to hear about your experience.  I just wanted to put in my two cents on Blair's program and other programs we have purchased.  My wife and I have purchased programs from "rich dad education" (Robert Kyosaki), "clever investor" (Cody Sperber) and "Dealbot Pipeline" (Blair Halver).  I am proud to say that over the last 3 years after LOTS of failures, challenges and tough lessons we have become "successful" real estate investors.  I would say that out of all of the education programs we have purchased there have been really great things we have learned and applied and areas where the program/system could improve.  We take the stance that as entrepreneurs we take what we learn and try it, tweak it, fail at it, and adjust it until it starts to work.  There is no perfect system in my opinion.  With that said, of all of the training we have paid thousands and thousands of dollars for, the value of what we have learned and applied has been worth the expense.   I think what sets us apart from people who buy education and fail, is that we took what we learned and kept trying it and tweaking it until it worked for us.... We took action and didn't quit when it was hard.   We have learned different and valuable things from each "course" we have purchased with Blair Halvers program being the most recent purchase back in March of 2019.  The systems and creative strategies we learned from Blair and his team and the support from his staff have definitely given us the boost we needed to accelerate and scale our business to that next level.  

    (sorry for the long winded response) 

    Thank you, 

    Jim and Dawn Horn - Shared Vision Real estate. 

  • Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Bruce A Lopes Jr

    Thanks for sharing Bruce. 

    Also, I always find it funny how when someone posts their negative experience about a guru, there will be contradictory responses from some folks who just joined BP for the sole purpose of having the gurus back and posting said contradictory statements. Surely the gurus don't expect a semi-intelligent person to believe these accounts weren't made up merely for such responses. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jim Horn:

    Hello,

    Bruce, sorry to hear about your experience.  I just wanted to put in my two cents on Blair's program and other programs we have purchased.  My wife and I have purchased programs from "rich dad education" (Robert Kyosaki), "clever investor" (Cody Sperber) and "Dealbot Pipeline" (Blair Halver).  I am proud to say that over the last 3 years after LOTS of failures, challenges and tough lessons we have become "successful" real estate investors.  I would say that out of all of the education programs we have purchased there have been really great things we have learned and applied and areas where the program/system could improve.  We take the stance that as entrepreneurs we take what we learn and try it, tweak it, fail at it, and adjust it until it starts to work.  There is no perfect system in my opinion.  With that said, of all of the training we have paid thousands and thousands of dollars for, the value of what we have learned and applied has been worth the expense.   I think what sets us apart from people who buy education and fail, is that we took what we learned and kept trying it and tweaking it until it worked for us.... We took action and didn't quit when it was hard.   We have learned different and valuable things from each "course" we have purchased with Blair Halvers program being the most recent purchase back in March of 2019.  The systems and creative strategies we learned from Blair and his team and the support from his staff have definitely given us the boost we needed to accelerate and scale our business to that next level.  

    (sorry for the long winded response) 

    Thank you, 

    Jim and Dawn Horn - Shared Vision Real estate. 

    Popped on your website ( waiting for everyone to wake up LOL)  I see your inventory is in the mid west deep south with low value assets.

    rent to own is nothing new and guys/gals have been doing it forever in those markets..  One thing I know thats happening since i fund a bunch of this stuff on the front end.. Is the states are really cracking down on rent to own schemes..  I know PA has got new legislation Texas its already in place etc. 

    the reality is in those areas the converson from lessee to owner is very low so you just recycle the same inventory..  I funded guys in detroit in the day and this was their bizz model back in 2002..  So not sure you need to pay for some wiz bang system to simply be a rent to own landlords ????  and in many markets this would be a non starter.. but it does work in the low value asset areas for sure not saying long term its a successful strategy but short term it can be.

  • Rental Property Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Guy Gimenez I've had a BP account for years.. In fact I got on and read reviews on BP before I bought Blair's course. Maybe I don't qualify as "semi intelligent" but I have 3 single family homes and 4 duplexes under contract right now using the system on top of adding 30 units already this year.

  • Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Nicholas Spohn

    I assume you are intelligent so not sure where that comment is coming from...it certainly wasn't in my response to the OP. Please review it once again as you clearly missed the context as well as the new BP members who responded to save the day. I'm happy that you've had success with the program. But I think an intelligent man such as yourself can surely surmise that your experience is not the the experience every wannabe investor will have. Hope this helps a bit.   

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    @Jay Hinrichs Hey Jay I appreciate your input, I know you are veteran real estate investor and have a lot of Knowledge to give which I definitely appreciate! To be clear we did not purchase the program to be rent to own landlords, that’s is a small sector of our real estate business and certainly not every rent to own program is created equal. The point of purchasing the program for us personally was simply to understand creative strategies when purchasing and exiting real estate. We have learned a lot of great strategies that have helped us bring value to sellers and buyers and helped us scale our Real Estate business to the next level. PS would love to chat with you sometime, I think you know my buddy Justin Cutter. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y

    Don't believe I know a Justin Cutter.. 

  • Evansville, IN · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    I am new to real estate investing.  I believe in education before action and like the idea of modeling a proven system to get started.  But there are so many options.......and after reading this thread....so many opinions.  :)

    I don't know who or what to trust as I am getting educated.  Would love to hear what everyone here used.  I have already researched the two mentioned on this post.   All help is appreciated.

  • Evansville, IN · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    I am new to real estate investing.  I believe in education before action and like the idea of modeling a proven system to get started.  But there are so many options.......and after reading this thread....so many opinions.  :)

    I don't know who or what to trust as I am getting educated.  Would love to hear what everyone here used.  I have already researched the two mentioned on this post.   All help is appreciated.

  • Real Estate Investor · Carmel Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hey Bruce, 

    Did you end up buying into a system? 

    Brent

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Does anyone know the cost (or range) of Blair's program?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Thank you for all the information shared by others here. I appreciate the good-the bad-and the ugly experiences from everyone. I'll take them with a grain of salt to decision making. I appreciate BP even more on so many levels from the tools that help me, the webinars, and the what to stay away from shared by others.   Thank you Jim Horn on your comments - "tweak it, fail at it, adjust it until it works (this is the cost part that hurts, time or money or both for me). There is no perfect system...taking action, not quitting when it was hard...scaling the business." Sometimes it feels like I'm just barely treading water but still not giving up. I stay in the game no matter how small while thinking big. So thanks everyone for each of your perspective I appreciate them all.

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y
    Do you know the cost of this program?
  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Bruce A Lopes Jr Hello friend. Did you join the Pinneo system or course? What was your experience with that if so

  • Mentor, OH · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Francis R Massimo:

    Does anyone know the cost (or range) of Blair's program?

    It costs $997 with a 90 day guarantee. If you don't do at least one deal following his system you'll get $1,497 back. Basically your money back plus the $500 you have to spend on FB ads. 

    "Within the first 90 days you have to be able to show that you spent at least $500 on Facebook ads to generate at least 90 seller leads in your first 90 days using our campaigns (that $500 should be plenty), and you have to show that you actually spoke to at least HALF of those sellers (45 sellers) and used our scripts and followed our process.


    And if you’ve done all that, and you don’t get at LEAST one deal signed with a seller in those 90 days, then we will refund your $997 and give you an extra $500 CASH to cover any ad spend you incurred on FB."



    DISCLAIMER:
    Individuals Results May Vary, and you should expect ZERO results.
    Please understand our results are not typical. We are not implying
    you'll duplicate them (or do anything for that matter). The average
    person who buys any "how to" information gets little to no results. We
    are using these references for example purposes only. Your results will
    vary and depend on many factors...including but not limited to your
    background, experience, and work ethic. All business entails risk as
    well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you're not willing
    to accept that, please DO NOT opt-in for training.This website is not a
    part of Facebook or Facebook Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT
    endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of Facebook
    Inc.







  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Blair Halver's program sounds so great and fills the needs and problems we have following up and staying consistant. I want to believe Sooo bad but the old school sales tactics that I lived through at least 300 times (purchased many products) in RIA meetings and countless seminars makes me scepticle at best and an unbeliver. I just can't do it! 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jim Horn:

    Hello,

    Bruce, sorry to hear about your experience.  I just wanted to put in my two cents on Blair's program and other programs we have purchased.  My wife and I have purchased programs from "rich dad education" (Robert Kyosaki), "clever investor" (Cody Sperber) and "Dealbot Pipeline" (Blair Halver).  I am proud to say that over the last 3 years after LOTS of failures, challenges and tough lessons we have become "successful" real estate investors.  I would say that out of all of the education programs we have purchased there have been really great things we have learned and applied and areas where the program/system could improve.  We take the stance that as entrepreneurs we take what we learn and try it, tweak it, fail at it, and adjust it until it starts to work.  There is no perfect system in my opinion.  With that said, of all of the training we have paid thousands and thousands of dollars for, the value of what we have learned and applied has been worth the expense.   I think what sets us apart from people who buy education and fail, is that we took what we learned and kept trying it and tweaking it until it worked for us.... We took action and didn't quit when it was hard.   We have learned different and valuable things from each "course" we have purchased with Blair Halvers program being the most recent purchase back in March of 2019.  The systems and creative strategies we learned from Blair and his team and the support from his staff have definitely given us the boost we needed to accelerate and scale our business to that next level.  

    (sorry for the long winded response) 

    Thank you, 

    Jim and Dawn Horn - Shared Vision Real estate. 


     Please do NOT apologize, as that is exactly what I need to hear.  Thank you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.