Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Copeland
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
House Hacking in Denver, Colorado?

Jordan Copeland
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denver, CO
Posted Nov 21 2020, 14:04

Hello BiggerPockets Forums,

This is my very first post with BP, but I am ready to reach out and learn about what REI has to offer. To give some context of my plan/vision, I will be moving out to Denver, CO in the Summer of 2021. I am looking to purchase my first home, but I am a complete newbie when it comes to REI. I am currently focusing on saving up at least 3.5% down for this first property. I plan on house hacking this rental property (and live out of it for at least a year).

I listened to @Craig Curelop (guess I wasn't able to tag him) BiggerPockets Episode 252 about House Hacking and was immediately hooked. I intend to buy his book on "The House Hacking Strategy".  I am really intrigued about this concept and thought it would be a perfect fit for my situation as I move into the Denver Market. I am currently looking at properties that I can maximize this house hacking concept and either eliminate my rental/mortgage expense entirely and/or produce some sort of positive cashflow. 

I am open to any ideas or further thoughts/comments to help facilitate a discussion. I will happily include a deeper background of myself if warranted as I am trying to make the right connections when I get out into this vastly growing market. As I previously stated, I am not able to get out into the Denver market until my lease is up with my current living situation (ending in June 2021). After listening to @Craig Curelop's BiggerPockets Podcast, the two things to get started in House Hacking is to search for lenders and real estate agents in that area, and that is the next thing on my list. 

Loading replies...