Calculating monthly repair costs on new construction rental

Calculating monthly repair costs on new construction rental

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 6 votes

Hello BP,

Wondering if someone can help with how to run repair costs, cap ex, etc on a new construction rental?  With it being brand new, having a tough time running the numbers.  Thanks in advance for your help.

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 531 posts · 310 votes
    5y

    @Jeremy Luster So, that number that you will save is ultimately up to you.  On non new construction I use 8-12 percent depending on how bad the place is. So, if you use 5% savings for the first few years you should have no problem!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hey @Antonio Cucciniello and thank you for your response.  So you take out 8-12% total across the board for everything?  All minor repairs, cap ex (future big repairs), etc?  So assuming I'm using your advice of 5% on say $1250 per/month rent, you'd put $60-$65 in an emergency acct every month and that's it?  I realize everyone's different and some more conservative than others but just want to make sure I'm saving enough although it's new.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.