New to investing in Jacksonville, FL!

New to investing in Jacksonville, FL!

Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets! I have been listening and reading here for about 2 years now while working as a realtor with a wholesaling company in Chicago, IL. It has been interesting, and I have learned SO much.

I am getting ready to finally jump in and be an investor myself after helping many investors purchase millions of dollars in investment properties over the last 2 years.

I just moved to the Jacksonville area and am looking to make connections with people who know the Jacksonville market well. I am of course looking to build a team (Well connected Realtor, RE Attorney, reliable contractors, property manager, etc.) and get set up well. I am looking to buy my first investment property in the next 6-12 months. Hopefully a 3-4 unit building that I will house hack, but as I mentioned- I still need to understand the market and area better here in Jacksonville before setting a strategy!

Thanks so much in advance, I am looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about Jacksonville real estate!

Best,

Rachael

6Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Fleming Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 202 posts · 132 votes
5y

@Rachael Greene & @Andrew Pokrzywinski   Welcome to Jacksonville real estate.  I moved here a little over 2 years ago from NYC and have been quite active down here.

Here's a rundown of current RE meetings and such:

There are many active RE groups here in Jacksonville FL but nothing specifically from Bigger Pockets. Due to Covid, most of the in-person stuff was shut down.

JaxReia, the oldest group, currently has 3-4 area meetings which are happening in person. Google JaxReia and you'll find out the schedule.

JaxReif, another group, also has a few area meetings. Google JaxReif and Facebook or JaxReif and Meetup and you'll find out the info.

You should also join the free Facebook group called "Yellowbird Connect" which is filled with thousands of RE people here. Their events, which used to be 150-200 people, have been indefinitely on hold due to their size. But the Facebook page is a wealth of info.

Also, I run a monthly meeting on Fleming Island (suburb of Jax) which is part of JaxReif. Usually held for lunch on 4th Tuesday of the month at Whitey's Fish Camp.  We just had one yesterday (10/27) with about 30 people.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need any help.

Take care,

Glen

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Rachael Greene Welcome Rachael! I am moving to Jacksonville in two weeks. I would love to connect to see if we could be resources to each-other.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Pokrzywinski I would love that! Where are you moving from?

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Hi y’all! I am a Jacksonville native. Buying my first 2 duplexes this month (one today and one mid November) in Springfield and Riverside areas. These are the easiest areas for multifamily rentals IMO. Southside and the beaches are good areas for solid rentals as well. There are other up and coming areas around town with great opportunities if you’re willing to take the risk. (Lower cost, higher potential payout, but bigger risk that renting will be harder and appreciation will not happen). 

    I’d love to connect with other Jacksonville investors! Feel free to reach out, I just sent you both a connection request!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @AliceSun Norman great to e-meet you! Congrats on the two properties. I also just picked up a property this month, a single family w/ and ADU in San Marco.

    Any recommendations on any good meet ups? I would love to connect with as many investors as possible.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Rachael Greene coming from St.Louis.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @AliceSun Norman thank you! Would love to hear all about it. Just sent you a PM!

  • Rental Property Investor · Fleming Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 202 posts · 132 votes
    5y

    @Rachael Greene & @Andrew Pokrzywinski   Welcome to Jacksonville real estate.  I moved here a little over 2 years ago from NYC and have been quite active down here.

    Here's a rundown of current RE meetings and such:

    There are many active RE groups here in Jacksonville FL but nothing specifically from Bigger Pockets. Due to Covid, most of the in-person stuff was shut down.

    JaxReia, the oldest group, currently has 3-4 area meetings which are happening in person. Google JaxReia and you'll find out the schedule.

    JaxReif, another group, also has a few area meetings. Google JaxReif and Facebook or JaxReif and Meetup and you'll find out the info.

    You should also join the free Facebook group called "Yellowbird Connect" which is filled with thousands of RE people here. Their events, which used to be 150-200 people, have been indefinitely on hold due to their size. But the Facebook page is a wealth of info.

    Also, I run a monthly meeting on Fleming Island (suburb of Jax) which is part of JaxReif. Usually held for lunch on 4th Tuesday of the month at Whitey's Fish Camp.  We just had one yesterday (10/27) with about 30 people.

    Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need any help.

    Take care,

    Glen

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    5y
    Nice to meet you as well!! I am looking for some good meet ups too! I was traveling for the last few months but am back settled now and want to get more plugged in to the local REI community. Please do share if you find any meet ups and I’ll do the same. 

    Originally posted by @Andrew Pokrzywinski:

    @AliceSun Norman great to e-meet you! Congrats on the two properties. I also just picked up a property this month, a single family w/ and ADU in San Marco.

    Any recommendations on any good meet ups? I would love to connect with as many investors as possible.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Glen Friedman:

    @Rachael Greene & @Andrew Pokrzywinski   Welcome to Jacksonville real estate. 

    Thank you, Glen, for all the info on meetups! Sad to have missed the meetup yesterday. I will plan to attend the next one if my schedule allows! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Glen Friedman Thank you for being so detailed, I will absolutely love to connect in a few weeks once I get settled. I believe we are connected on LinkedIn as well. Let's stay in touch. 

    Best,  

  • Investor · Middleburg, FL · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi all! My family and I just moved to the clay county area and are looking to get into the market as well. We are just settling in and would love to start networking as much as possible. Feel free to message me anytime! Looking forward to partnering or just sharing information! Thanks for reaching out to connect!

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Rachael Greene

    Contractor and investor here, let me know if I can help. Thx!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 353 posts · 269 votes
    5y

    @Rachael Greene investing in multifamily on the west side of Jax. Let me know if you have any questions!

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Rachael Greene - Just curious, who is your realtor friend in Chicago that owns a wholesale business?  I'd love to connect with them.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hi, folks. Glad to see there’s interest in the Jax area. I’m a South Florida investor with a couple of properties in Jax that we’ve had for about a year now. I have used Will Woods with Right Time Renovations for cosmetic refresh of properties and would recommend him as you look for resources there. He’s been very responsive and accommodating. Good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.