Airbnbrentals for beginners

Airbnbrentals for beginners

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

First off I'd like to start by saying I am 20 years old in college in Orlando. I have no real estate history, however I am always looking for ideas such as this. I was recommended to this website via an online friend and was shown the airbnb rental idea. I started doing research and it does seem promising. However in the Orlando market, much nicer houses and condos are that would take upwards of at least three thousand a month to rent are only going for about 100$ a night, which would never cover rent. I was initially looking for smaller houses either near the beach or disney and other attractions, in the price range of $12-1600 a month. That price range would give me breathing room to make sure i can pay the rent and still make a profit. Also a lot of properties are unfurnished, which adds literally thousands to the start up. Has anyone done this, or have any ideas to share to make this become a reality? 

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    What you're asking about is called rental arbitrage.  It had it's day before Covid.  That's when states shut down short term rentals, and Airbnb refunded every customer's money, many arbitragers were in deep financial trouble.  They still owed the rent to the landlord every month, but had no money coming in.  So think carefully about this model. 
    You don't own the real estate, so it's not an investment, it's a job. 
    Beside the thousands for furniture, you also have to pay all utilities, internet, cable tv, pest control, and buy linens and towels, toilet paper, soap, coffee, etc. Many cities and HOAs have outlawed or restricted short term rentals, and others are considering it.  So research before you do anything.  
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.