Beginning to Wholesale in AUSTIN/San Antonio TX

Beginning to Wholesale in AUSTIN/San Antonio TX

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I would like to start wholesaling homes here in the next few months. I currently live in a small town and there is not a lot of opportunities here but luckily I'm moving to Austin or San Antonio TX or between both here in a few months so I see this as a great opportunity to start wholesaling and accumulate profit to start flipping homes and turning them into rental properties. I just had a few questions before I started doing it and not knowing how to close a deal. Here are my questions:

  1.  1. What were your biggest challenges when beginning to wholesale?
  2.  2. How do you know when you find a great deal?
  3.  3. What type of contracts will I be using?
  4.  4. How do you build and find cash buyers?
  5.  5. What happens if you sign a deal and can't find a buyer? How would you get out of that situation?
  6. 6. Buyers usually want to know the estimate cost of repairs how do you find that out and the ARV?
  7.  7. Any other tips or warnings that will help me out?

Thank you in advance to whom ever replies back to my questions and if you would like to share your story on how you started wholesaling as well and how its help you grow that would be great I'll definitely read them all as inspiration.   

    1Reply
    31 views

    Most Popular Reply

    Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Brandon Guzman Hi Brandon, I am currently wholesaling in both the DFW and Austin markets. I will tell you its very difficult in Austin. You have to go further out from the city to find deals. They are out there but they are few and far between. I have friends who flip in San Antonio and they say the market there is less competitive but still desirable.

    It sounds like you are still in the learning phase, definitely keep learning! BP is a great place to find lots of free i formation that will help you! Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or need advice.

    See this reply in the discussion

    5 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      6y

      @Brandon Guzman Hi Brandon, I am currently wholesaling in both the DFW and Austin markets. I will tell you its very difficult in Austin. You have to go further out from the city to find deals. They are out there but they are few and far between. I have friends who flip in San Antonio and they say the market there is less competitive but still desirable.

      It sounds like you are still in the learning phase, definitely keep learning! BP is a great place to find lots of free i formation that will help you! Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or need advice.

    • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
      6y

      I am definitely still in the learning phase but I think I got a pretty good idea of how it works I just need cash buyers and the contracts that's all I'm missing but BP had a blog about wholesaling and that has helped me way more than any other video or site that is out there

    • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 12 votes
      6y

      Hi there! Good wholsesalers are always valuable and appreciated. I think if you post on FB san Antonio real estate groups, or here you could find buyers. HMU if you find something on the North Side San Antonio.

    • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 19 votes
      6y

      I've flipped, wholesaled, and developed in the Austin and surrounding markets. It will be very difficult to get started in Austin unless you're willing to door knock or get really aggressive ( it's crazy competitive). Let me know if you need some pointers if you're moving to Austin. I could definitely be a buyer for you if you're willing to put in the work. I'm looking to expand into northern SA within the next 6 months to the year. 

    • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
      6y

      send me your deals if you find any!

      Austin is a very congested RE Investor market.... It will require physical work to be successful.

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.