Anyone located in the Portland Metro Area?

Anyone located in the Portland Metro Area?

New to Real Estate · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes

I live in Hillsboro, OR and I am hoping to buy my first rental property. I would love to grab some coffee with anyone on BP who's local.

1Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

AJ ShepardPro Member
Real Estate Syndicator · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 453 posts · 312 votes
6y
WIN is doing virtual meetings every third Thursday if you want to connect with real estate investors.  The event should be on the bigger pockets real estate meet ups and also on meetup dot com.  

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Victoria TX / Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 94 posts · 96 votes
    6y

    Hello Crystal,

    It's a shame. I live in Beaverton, OR but am in the process of moving to Texas. I am absolutely swamped for the time being as I have a renovation happening down in Texas. But I want to reach out and let you know that there are a lot of opportunities here in Oregon. Whatever route you choose, so long as you keep confidence in yourself and you keep continuing your education, you're going to do great. 

    Also, continue to let others know that you're starting your real estate career. I cannot stress this enough. I never realized how many people had rental properties until I started telling other people that I was in real estate and that I'm currently working on renovating a triplex. Most people will open up, talking about their rental properties, so on and so forth. That's a great way to make connections and to boost your confidence.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 92 posts · 31 votes
    6y

    Hi Crystal:

    I am at Bethany area and active investor. Would definitely open for coffee once the shops open up. Thanks

    Say 

  • AJ ShepardPro Member
    Real Estate Syndicator · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 453 posts · 312 votes
    6y

    Crystal,

    Happy to grab a coffee with you anytime.  Our office is in Multnomah Village and there is a Starbucks nearby.  Have you gotten set up with a real estate agent looking for duplexes?  Happy to go over the ins and outs of real estate investing with you or anyone else for that matter.  

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y

    check out the Rarebird meetings when they start back up @Mike Nuss  and his partner run them and have a real estate brokerage that is centered around investing as well.  good place to start to network.

  • Investor · Laguna Niguel, CA · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Jay Hinrichs @AJ Shepard either Rarebird or WIN doing any virtual meetings?

  • AJ ShepardPro Member
    Real Estate Syndicator · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 453 posts · 312 votes
    6y
    WIN is doing virtual meetings every third Thursday if you want to connect with real estate investors.  The event should be on the bigger pockets real estate meet ups and also on meetup dot com.  

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
    6y

    @Jay Hinrichs thanks for the shout out! We changed our name though from RareBird Investor Network....to Investor Lab. 

    @Kevin Hofstee we've been doing two FB live events each week. They're a mix of me doing market update stuff, me interviewing other investors or professionals or a guest seminar. We'll continue these as we get past corona. We're also launching our online platform soon, where we will be doing interactive zoom meetings on specific real estate strategies. 

    You can see the live FB stuff on our FB page - Investor Lab. All of the past videos are on there. They go live Tuesdays at noon and Thursdays at 9:00. Thursday will be a great seller financing fire side chat and will have great value for today's market. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Mike Nuss:

    @Jay Hinrichs thanks for the shout out! We changed our name though from RareBird Investor Network....to Investor Lab. 

    @Kevin Hofstee we've been doing two FB live events each week. They're a mix of me doing market update stuff, me interviewing other investors or professionals or a guest seminar. We'll continue these as we get past corona. We're also launching our online platform soon, where we will be doing interactive zoom meetings on specific real estate strategies. 

    You can see the live FB stuff on our FB page - Investor Lab. All of the past videos are on there. They go live Tuesdays at noon and Thursdays at 9:00. Thursday will be a great seller financing fire side chat and will have great value for today's market. 

    Investor lab..  got it.. I can use zoom.. but not sure how to use facebook will have to ask my kids.. I would like to watch your videos you have great content for the Portland investors and of course those looking at other markets.

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
    6y

    @Jay Hinrichs...yeah man have your kids hook you up. We've had some great videos so far. 

    Since you do know zoom, we should schedule you for a live interview. You open to that?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Mike Nuss:

    @Jay Hinrichs...yeah man have your kids hook you up. We've had some great videos so far. 

    Since you do know zoom, we should schedule you for a live interview. You open to that?

    Sure always looking to support your efforts.. !!

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
    6y

    @Jay Hinrichs awesome, I'll have Haley reach out regarding times for scheduling and then I'll reach out to discuss topic. 

    Thank you for your continued support!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Love it, been watching/learning from the sidelines as a newbie in the Portland Metro area. Been listening to @Mike Nuss's online videos (incredible stuff) and seeing @Jay Hinrichs posts on everything PDX related. Excited to see you to do a show together.

    Also, just wanted to say hello and intro myself to everyone. Looking forward to meeting you all in person one day, until then I'm up to grab a coffee and do a walk and talk with anyone who's interested.

  • Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    Hi @Crystal Cea! Nice to meet you, I am a broker and investor in the area. My office is in Beaverton and I would be happy to grab coffee sometime. 

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
    6y

    @Nick Finney awesome, thanks for the support. Jay will be fun for sure. I'm open for a coffee visit. Our office is large and we don't have many people here during the day so we can meet here if you'd like. 

    @Crystal Cea thanks for starting the thread....happy to grab a coffee with you as well if you would like. 

    Happy investing ya'll!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Mike Nuss thanks mike, will send you a message

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    What sort of info are you looking for?  I'm an apartment broker in Portland.  You can DM me if you have/want eMail.

  • Brad HammondBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 605 votes
    6y

    @Mike Nuss @Jay Hinrichs, can't wait for your Investor Lab interview.  I wasn't able to make it for the last in-person interview you did last year.  Keep up the good work boys! 

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Crystal Cea

    I’d love to discuss this with you more. I’m a local wholesaler

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.