Is this idea logical?

Is this idea logical?

Rental Property Investor · Brigham City, UT · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 3 votes

Hey guys,

I need some assurance to my thoughts. My mind was racing last night and I was wondering if this sounds like it would be possible. I am starting a wholesaling business, I know it will be very difficult starting out because NOBODY knows who I am or what I do. But once I get the ball rolling at a high speed with consistent marketing campaigns, EVERYONE will get to know who I am and what I do. So my plan in my head is to mainly focus on wholesaling while I start out. Then I want to rehab/sell or rehab/hold (depending on the situation). I would like to do at least 2 rehabs per year. I'm just starting out so I need a tract record to get private money lenders to trust me. I would show the lender a detailed analysis of the property, comps, repair costs, etc to show him it is a good investment. I would then ask for his money and either pay 15-20% interest when its done OR split profits 50-50 and I do all of the work. As i get that going I would be working on using those profits to start building a rental portfolio. Then MAYBE down the line open up and have someone run the wholesaling business and also run a 2-5? at a time rehab business. Thing is, I live in Brigham City, UT. it is a small town, about a 17,000 population. I would eventually like to spread out, but I would like to stay close for now.

Do you guys think this would be hard to juggle? I also work a 4PM-10:30PM job at a restaurant. I love working all of the time, staying busy, staying productive, so I don't mind having no time off at this point in the game. I'm willing to do whatever I have to do to have become a millionaire by the time i'm 30 years old. I'm currently 19.

Also, one more side question that is off this topic. Is it a good idea to leverage my time by getting realtors to be looking for me as well. I would tell them that if a motivated seller calls them for a property to sell and it meets my needs and is a great opportunity, instead of listing it on MLS, which would be gone in no time if it really is great, he just sells it to me for the guaranteed 6% commissions. (Do I need to give him a bird dog fee in there as well?) I think he would be gun hoe about this! Also, the leads I get that I cannot get for a cheap enough price to offer on, I could refer that lead to a specific Realtor. In that scenerio is it wrong to ask for a fee for getting him the lead? Or, should you just cancel the fees on both ends and be friendly partners.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your support and wisdom.

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Wilmington, MA · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Tyler, you and I virtually have the same plans. We're also both at the same point in REI, the very beginning. The only advice I can give is just worry about wholesaling currently, keep your longer term plans towards the back of your brain. Focus 100% on wholesaling or you will just get overwhelmed and not accomplish what you want. Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.