Newbie Foreign Investor looking for guides and education sources

Newbie Foreign Investor looking for guides and education sources

New to Real Estate · Israeli · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes

Hi, 

I'm a newbie aspiring foreign investor looking for some courses or guides I could study and take advantage of my quarantine time :)

Any educational sources, books, blogs, courses, and etc you can recommend for a rookie and specifically a foreign investor would be greatly appreciated. 

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
6y

Hey @Aviv Harkov, welcome to the BP community!

Seeing as you are out of the country, I feel a great read for you would be Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Green. I have not read it, as I am investing locally but have heard it's very helpful for OOS investors. Some other great intro investing reads would be Ken McElroy's ABCs of Real Estate Investing and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller. 

Obviously there is tons of amazing free information here on BP. The BP podcast is also fantastic and they even have a new podcast geared towards newbie investors that you may want to check out!

Feel free to message me anytime if you have questions or just want to chat!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    6y

    Hey @Aviv Harkov, welcome to the BP community!

    Seeing as you are out of the country, I feel a great read for you would be Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Green. I have not read it, as I am investing locally but have heard it's very helpful for OOS investors. Some other great intro investing reads would be Ken McElroy's ABCs of Real Estate Investing and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller. 

    Obviously there is tons of amazing free information here on BP. The BP podcast is also fantastic and they even have a new podcast geared towards newbie investors that you may want to check out!

    Feel free to message me anytime if you have questions or just want to chat!

  • New to Real Estate · Israeli · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Thank you so much! I will check out what you suggested and reach out with questions! :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City Metro · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Aviv Harkov:

    Hi, 

    I'm a newbie aspiring foreign investor looking for some courses or guides I could study and take advantage of my quarantine time :)

    Any educational sources, books, blogs, courses, and etc you can recommend for a rookie and specifically a foreign investor would be greatly appreciated. 

    Yes David Greene's book on out of state investing is pretty good. I would also recommend that you have a great agent in what ever market you decide to buy in. Treat him or her really well and make sure you buy something with them to show how serious you are long term. Real Estate is a lot about relationships especially for out of state. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 408 posts · 209 votes
    6y

    @Aviv Harkov welcome to BP!

    What are your goals? What are you looking for? What are you looking to do? It's tough to make resource recommendations without knowing what you want to do. For example, if you want to buy NNN buildings or industrial, learning about wholesaling single family homes makes no sense.

    If you could clarify what you're looking for, we could point you in a more helpful direction.

    Good luck!

  • New to Real Estate · Israeli · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Hi @Simcha Davidman, 

    Thanks for taking the time to respond! My goal is to create steady passive income and to start investing in SFH. I'm hoping to remotely use the BRRRR method (and am currently reading Long‑Distance Real Estate Investing and his BRRRR book is next on my list) and have 30k to invest. As I am also from Israel I am currently looking into how I will get funding but also what markets are affordable considering I only have 30k.

    I'd also love to join a REI group in Israel but I've only found shady ones trying to sell me courses with gurus so if you have a recommendation or know of a group that would also be greatly appreciated!


  • Israel · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Check this in Hebrew 

    www.birsceo.com

  • New to Real Estate · Israeli · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Ronen Avisar תודה רבה thanks! I'll check that out. Most of the local sources I've found are gurus or trying to sell something. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Aviv Harkov personally I think looking abroad for BRRRR is a waste of time. You need to be hands on with BRRRR and doing that remotely is a recipe for disaster. You'll be buying through and *heavily* relying on some middleman, who already made their money offering you their property. Plus you really don't know anything first hand about the quality of those markets.

    If I were you I’d look at buying locally in Israel. Can’t you use one of the government programs which help young people buy their first flat? I know several people doing that, and renting them out while living where they want. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.