New to Investing! Michigan Here!

New to Investing! Michigan Here!

Real Estate Agent · Mount Pleasant, MI · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 3 votes

Anyone from Michigan in the BP community. Would love to connect with you!

2Reply
134 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
6y

Located in Plymouth. Career Architect with own firm for 40+ years (I'm old???). REI for at least 30. Designed my own system around the compounding effect of REI.

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Pleasant, MI · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Stefano Sosa Great I am guessing I am just getting started in the market/Investing! So I am still learning a lot of things. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Pleasant, MI · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Ramon Huerta Great thank you! Where in Kalamazoo, what date and time ? 

  • Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Evan DeVisser...thank you! We are doing buy and holds right now but may be interested in flipping or BRRRR at some point. I would love our next purchase to be multi-family.

  • Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 611 votes
    6y

    @Nicholas Burrell

    Welcome. We invest all

    over Michigan outside

    of Detroit.

  • Roni E.Pro Member
    Specialist · Earth 2.0 · Member since 2019 · 598 posts · 271 votes
    6y

    Just remember not trying to be negative on Michigan as whole by any means. Michigan went through some tough times, and from what I hear trying to get to better times. I think Cash on Cash returns will be great but appreciation might be difficult.

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    Metro Detroit, Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids are appreciating just fine and are predicted to continue to do so with the rest of the country.

    Everyone always equates that the City of Detroit = Metro Detroit and even all of Michigan!

    There is a HUGE difference between the City of Detroit and the rest of Metro Detroit (AKA the suburbs). 

    Ann Arbor & Grand Rapids are growing via hi-tech investments. Metro Detroit is still very much tied to the auto industry, but is diversifying.

    For those that take the time to understand the differences in these markets = OPPORTUNITY that the rest of the country ignores and loses out on:)

  • Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    @Erica Allen I have a 3 unit in 49504 that I may consider selling in the near future. DM me if that interests you at all.

  • Realtor · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Roni Elias

    I know you’re just relaying what you’ve heard likely from word of mouth or wherever else you’re getting your information but this is just off base. Michigan isn’t a small state there is plenty of areas seeing average or above average appreciation. Sure there’s also plenty of areas with those high trademark Midwest cash on cash returns in exchange for giving up appreciation, to run with the notion that the whole state is that way is... off base.

    I grew up and live in Ann Arbor and anyone from the area can tell you how THAT’S went in recent years.

    @Nicholas Burrell like I said Ann Arbor native but buying first investment property within our next-door neighbor Ypsilanti. Shoot me a PM to chat and maybe we can set something up. Hope to speak soon and best of luck with your networking and investing journey. We live in a great state for it, and there’s definitely areas to strongly believe in long term.

  • Roni E.Pro Member
    Specialist · Earth 2.0 · Member since 2019 · 598 posts · 271 votes
    6y

    Ann Arbor is very unique. High income earners, University of Michigan. I think once you get outside of Ann Arbor different story. I do like listening to your homegrown Pulitzer news reporter Charlie LeDuff.

  • Lake Elsinore, CA · Member since 2018 · 235 posts · 300 votes
    6y

    Hi there! I live in SoCal now but grew up in Livonia! I have a rental property in Westland and looking to add more in that area.

  • Rental Property Investor · MI · Member since 2019 · 192 posts · 205 votes
    6y

    @Nicholas Burrell

    Hey Nicholas....Grand Rapids and Flint.

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Pleasant, MI · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @E.S. Burrell same last name as me!!! That’s Rare! But awesome if you ever want to meet up please let me know! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Courtney M.

    Courtney i’m in pasadena but invest heavily in suburbs Michigan. we should connect and share resources....

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Nicholas Burrell welcome to BP! are you currently an agent in michigan?

  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 864 posts · 350 votes
    6y

    For all of you investors who want Michigan properties - let me know where and maybe i can help you out - both from local wholesalers and on the MLS - yes i am a broker too

    Michigan Real Estate Investors535 Reviews
  • Wholesaler · Sterling Heights, MI · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 105 votes
    6y

    @Nicholas Burrell - From the Detroit and metro area. I'm a wholesaler and a buyer. Good luck with the investing! This is a great community and if you have any specific questions just PM me :) 

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Pleasant, MI · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Jon Huynh yes I am but I just got my license not to long ago! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.