Anyone know how to find public evictions? Or tax liens?

Anyone know how to find public evictions? Or tax liens?

Medway, MA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Looking to start somewhere I haven’t had any luck with google yet.

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Marlborough, MA · Member since 2017 · 150 posts · 74 votes
    6y

    @Steve Proia

    I've been wondering the same thing. I know some cities (e.g. Providence) publish an annual list of properties with past due taxes which they use for their tax sale. 

  • Buy and Hold Investor · Cranston, RI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Steve Proia I’m assuming you’re talking about Mass. which I’m less familiar with, but in general, find out what the process is, particularly when things need to be filed and where, and then see how you can get access to that information.

    For example you can search RI court records online which does include eviction filings (though you have to know the name of one of the parties since it’s filed but name). For tax liens, violations, etc. my understanding is that they’re usually filed in the land evidence records so that’s definitely something to become familiar with.

    In the worst case you could ask an attorney to explain the process to you and where/when things are filed but with a little digging I think you can probably find most of that online as well.

    Another option would be that there are actually continuing education (CLE) classes attorneys take, which you can attend as a non-attorney too, which will explain the process for something like eviction in great detail. That’s probably overkill and also not cheap but is another option. If that interests you, I’d say check out your state bar association under CLE classes and see who their recommended providers are.

  • Medway, MA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Anthony Thompson thank you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.