Offer with the contingency of seeing in-person?

Offer with the contingency of seeing in-person?

Residential Landlord · Lutz, FL · Member since 2012 · 18 posts · 1 vote

The owner of a property I am interested in says he will show the units if we submit an offer with the contingency of seeing in-person.....he really does not want to disturb the tenants, he claims. Is that normal? Maybe he's worried about what the tenants could say about him?? Thank you.

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    That's the new normal in my area for most properties. I've bid on about 10 houses in the past few weeks, and only been inside of 2 of them prior to making an offer.

    Sometimes it's because the seller/listing agent doesn't want to disturb the occupant. Mostly, in my area, it's because they don't have to show the inside to sell it.

    Houses are being sold so fast (in a matter of days) and there are so many people willing to buy "sight unseen", that the listing agent usually doesn't want to bother with showing it because they know that if they either have 10+ offers already or they will in a couple days.

  • Specialist · Memphis, TN · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Agree with Kyle. I have bought 20 houses this month and most of them I had to sign contracts and pay earnest money before I could get inside. I have a standard clause now that makes all my offers subject to my property managers inspection so I can walk if I find anything I don't like when I do eventually get inside.

  • Residential Landlord · Lutz, FL · Member since 2012 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Very useful, thank you both.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.