Eyeing On Tampa, Florida For My First Investment!

Eyeing On Tampa, Florida For My First Investment!

Real Estate Agent · Laguna Hills, CA · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 8 votes

Hello, everyone! My name is Maj. I live in Southern California. I am currently studying to get my Real Estate License and become a licensed agent by January of next year. Still a newbie! I am very grateful for the knowledge I get from everyone here on Bigger Pockets!

So, I will be going on a trip to Tampa, Florida next year around July to meet a High School friend of mine and thought it was a good idea to check out some homes in their area for my first investment.

My plan is to buy a multi-family and I would appreciate any advice. I am super excited and also wanted to connect with like-minded people as well.

More power to you all!

1Reply
11 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2016 · 157 posts · 65 votes
    6y

    Good Morning @Maj Valero,

    What are you goals for your first multifamily purchase, are you staying residential under 4 units or going commercial over 4 units? I would be happy to chat and see what help I may bring to the table. Thank you in advance for your time, and have a wonderful weekend.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    contact @Jeff Copeland

    Tell him I sent you. He is a first class knowledgeable agent. And tell him NOT to forget my referral fee:)

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 191 posts · 98 votes
    6y

    Hey Maj,
    There are some awesome areas in Tampa for investment. This area continues to grow more and more every year.

    My suggestion is to establish your goals for the property. If you are looking for multifamily, you may have to look in a different area as opposed to a different area for flips. The budgets also vary by area as anywhere else.

    My biggest piece of advice is to be decisive. Properties that make sense move very quickly and require some fast twitch muscle fibers.

    Good luck! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Maj Valero

    Hey Maj, Tampa has become very competitive but there are still deals to be found. I would love to hear more about your goals in the investing space and see if I can give you any advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.