FINALLY approved for HELOC on rental property in Texas!

FINALLY approved for HELOC on rental property in Texas!

Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 8 votes

I have a rental property in the Fort Worth, TX area. I've been contacting TONS of banks and credit unions for months about getting a HELOC on my property, so that I could use it to purchase more rentals. Over and over I was told the same thing....no lender would offer a HELOC on my rental property. I finally started getting active in the BiggerPockets forums, and was given a suggestion for a bank (coincidently it's right in Fort Worth...), and they approved the HELOC!!! I closed on the line of credit a few days ago.

If you're in Texas and are looking for something similar just know there is hope.  Now time to find a deal......thanks BiggerPockets!!! 

3Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew PostellPro Member
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
7y

@Terrance Lee that's great.  Would you mind sharing the bank?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Terrance Lee that's great.  Would you mind sharing the bank?

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Postell First National Bank in Fort Worth, they were very easy to work with

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 208 posts · 70 votes
    7y

    Congrats!

  • Eric ChappellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    That's great, congratulations

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.