Seeking Hard Money Lender in Tulsa, Oklahoma Area

Seeking Hard Money Lender in Tulsa, Oklahoma Area

Flipper/Rehabber · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 14 votes
I currently have a business partner that I work with that is currently generating 95% of the cost for our flip projects. This is either from cash or private investors that he has on his end. With me only being able to provide 5% of the cost this allows only for a small percentage of returns on my end. My credit score is typically anywhere from 660-690 and I currently have a mortgage on my credit so it is kind of difficult for me to get approved for a loan from a bank. I was recently approved for 2 rental properties by a bank but I think that is because the properties are turn-key with an attractive NOI. When the bank advised me that they could work with me on the properties I presented an alternative offer of property that was for sale for 35k that needed about 70k in renovations and comp was selling for about 160k on the area. I had my business partner compile the offer with the renovation estimates and the information on the comps but the lender stated that “we mainly do those type of loans for people with tons of real estate experience because people can get into a lot of trouble if they don’t know what they are doing.” I reassured him that my partner has more than 2 years of experience but that wasn’t reassurance enough for him since I have only been in real estate since around May of this year. I knew it would be a long shot but hey I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try. Current project: 239 E Newton Pl, Tulsa Ok, 74106. 1910 sf, Purchased for 27k at auction in June 2018. Renovation cost are currently at about 90k. Bank appraised at 200k. The house is a week out from being completed and ready to list. Recent comp is pending sale. 1309 N Elgin Ave, Tulsa Ok, 74106. 1416 sf, pending sale with listed price of 160.9k Next project: (Waiting on business partner to send address). Purchase price was 120k from wholesaler. Will add about 100k in renovations and bank has appraised for 325k. The house is located in close proximity to The Gathering Place which increased the value of the surrounding neighborhoods. Recently Purchased: 1342 N Denver Ave, Tulsa Ok, 74016. Purchased at auction for 45k. This house has not yet been appraised but our associates have done many houses in this neighborhood with sizable returns. The house is located in the Brady Heights district which is an historic neighborhood where the property values are increasing. With me having so little cash to invest I am missing the opportunities to earn more profits and also the ability to assist my partner in completing multiple projects at once. If anyone have any recommendations on a great HML I will greatly appreciate it. Thank You
0Reply
42 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 535 posts · 389 votes
    7y

    Be sure to check out BiggerPockets' search feature for hard money lenders.

    Good luck!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 14 votes
    7y
    @James Galla thank you! I will definitely look into that option!
  • Tracy StreichPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma · Member since 2017 · 868 posts · 801 votes
    7y

    Sharp Mortgage is the biggest hard money lender in Tulsa. With that said, I think you need to back off on your projected sales prices in that area. $100 psf in that area is not really realistic based on what I see as active and sold on the MLS right now. $100 psf in that area is strictly limited to the Brady Heights area right now and you are just outside that area.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 14 votes
    7y
    Hello @Tracy Streich, I’m just now seeing your response. I’ve recently contacted Collin at Sharp Mortage and spoke to him about his basic requirements... also we do know our current investment is across the way from the Brady Heights area and currently at the moment we’re all in about 120k. Realistically I’ve been preparing for anywhere between 170k-180k as the final sales price which is still a win on my eyes. When the bank originally appraised the property at 200k I was definitely astonished that the priced it so high. We’re currently hoping that the house around the corner from our property sales at a attractive enough price. But we are definitely fans of the Brady Heights area at the moment.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Tracy Streich we ended up selling the property for $195k and it closed on 4/30/2019. I was surprised we were able to sell it that high but definitely grateful that we made it happen!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.