Best way to propose a seller financing deal?

Best way to propose a seller financing deal?

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 6 votes

ok so the craziest thing just happened to me. I’m on my way home from Las Vegas and had a Pittsburgh pirates jersey on. Some guy stops me and asks if I’m from Pittsburgh and I reply yes. We go on to talk and somehow get on the subject of real estate. He says he is ready to retire and mentioned his first purchase was four buildings in an a+ neighborhood. We have a layover at the same place on the way home. Whats the best way to bring up seller financing?

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Steamboat Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 278 posts · 100 votes
    8y

    First off I am not an accountant but I would probably mention that if he sells right now he would have one large lump sum of money that he will have to pay taxes on.  If he sells to you with owner financing then you can pay him monthly, a check that he can depend on that is back up by a real asset.  You can stretch this out for however long allowing him to have a steady stream of income into his retirement.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.