New to the Hagerstown Maryland Market

New to the Hagerstown Maryland Market

Garrett PIttsPro Member
Maryland Line, MD · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone, my name is Garrett and I am fairly new to the Hagerstown Md market. I just started my journey into REI last year. I have a duplex and another under contract. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the Hagerstown market, have any GOOD Contractors, CPAs, Property managers and Real Estate Agents? I have some in mind but wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck. Thanks in advance. =D

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 47 votes
8y

I have a couple rentals myself in Hagerstown, Feel free to give me a call.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 47 votes
    8y

    I have a couple rentals myself in Hagerstown, Feel free to give me a call.

  • Garrett PIttsPro Member
    OP
    Maryland Line, MD · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Thank you for replying. I will send you a direct message. @Cristhian Huamani

  • Montgomery Village, MD · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    It seems like it’s a lot of opportunity in Hagerstown. I see a lot of opportunities to enter into a duplex, or quadplexes. In the area, just not sure about the job market and growth. In that area. Good luck
  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    8y

    @Garrett PItts I have a few units up there and use Ridgecrest property management.  So far I have been very very happy with them.

    @Dominic Courtney spot on observation.  Economy is ok right now but I would not want to be caught holding property up there during a 2008 type pull back unless you are in it for the long haul.  The government up there also makes it hard on landlords.  A weak economy making it hard for people to do business is the wrong recipe in my opinion.  It would appear there may be a slight shift happening up there but Hagerstown is still more or less a blemish to MD city list's.  

  • Garrett PIttsPro Member
    OP
    Maryland Line, MD · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Michael thanks for the advice. Any advice on any areas to keep my eyes on in MD?

  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    8y

    Really depends on what your trying to do.  If rentals, I would come a little further into Frederick where there is much more economic stability, better tenants and a promising growth.  Montgomery county, though high entry price, will always rent out as well but the cash flow will not likely be as high.  For flips both the area's I mentioned will work.  I am seeing a ton of activitiy in PG, AA, Howard, Balt, and southern MD as well.  Due to your location I would check out AA, Howard and Balt on the MD side.  

  • Garrett PIttsPro Member
    OP
    Maryland Line, MD · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Michael

    Do you happen to have any recommendations on fair/reliable property managers & contractors in the Baltimore area?

  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    8y

    @Garrett PItts I do not own any rentals in Baltimore so sorry, I can't recommend anyone there.  I only wholesale Baltimore.  The closest I get is Carroll County but my partner manages our building there.  

  • Garrett PIttsPro Member
    OP
    Maryland Line, MD · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Michael ahh ok. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.