Real Estate Investor · Colton, CA · Member since 2010 · 6 posts · 4 votes
15y
Usually what happens is you work your butt off scouring every possible source for deals, and just as you're ready to throw in the towel and put an application in at McD's, one falls in your lap.
Real Estate Investor · Colton, CA · Member since 2010 · 6 posts · 4 votes
15y
Usually what happens is you work your butt off scouring every possible source for deals, and just as you're ready to throw in the towel and put an application in at McD's, one falls in your lap.
Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2009 · 66 posts · 19 votes
15y
Found The Deal With Postcard...
Subscribed To Every Wholesaler Buyers List In Town...
Studied What Type Of Properties They Bought, What Area and How Long It Was Taking Them To Sale Them...
Call The Wholesaler's That Were Buying and Selling In My Area...
Leveraged Their Buyer's List and Got The Property Sold...
Split The Profit 50/50....
Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
15y
We had a couple rehabs going and ran out of capital. I had sent out a bunch of direct mail, and was following up with a phone call to that list (the ones I could get phone numbers for). One lady and I got along well, and talked for over an hour.
Within a couple days my partner walked through the property and I followed up to get her to sign the contract. Mind you, this property was in an area we had never invested in. But looking at comps we knew that it was a no brainer.
Before the ink could even dry on the contract I had an advertisement scheduled to go in the main newspaper in that city. The phone rang off the hook for 3 or 4 days with people inquiring. I took note of who could bring cash and hard money.
The deal closed for a net profit over 20k, and the buyer made out great as well. That same buyer bought 3 more properties from us over the following 2 years.