Realtor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 14 votes
Does anyone have experience with building a new unit on an R2 zoned property in Colorado Springs under the new ADU code? Anyone worked with Colorado Springs Utilities on connecting a new ADU? We are considering adding a unit to the backside of one of our rentals, preferably an above garage apartment or some sort of tiny house style unit and I'm curious if anyone out there in the BP has done it here. How'd it go? How much were your tap fees? Did the economics work?
Wish I had more info for you. Just wanted to say I think ADUs can be a great bang for your buck. (Great Airbnb potential.) Make sure your lot size minimum meets the R2 standard for Colorado Springs. I believe it's 7,000sf down there. (Up here in Denver, the zoning is much more sliced up so there are different minimum lot sizes for ADU builds depending on the zoning.)