They say the first deal is hard, NOPE its the second deal!

They say the first deal is hard, NOPE its the second deal!

Investor · Pawtucket, RI · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 20 votes

Hi guys,

So 6 months ago I closed on my first investment property! I have managed it well. By September I will have strong rents and most of the shortcut fixes made by the prior property management company will be addressed. I'm ready to start making a strategy for another one. I've been reading and trying to find a way to use my successful property to buy another one. Any strategies from personal experience?

1Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 54 votes
    9y

    The hard way. Saving up money to buy the next property but the working capital required will be shorter since you'll have rent from your first property. 

  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Didn't mean to post twice. 

  • Investor · Pawtucket, RI · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 20 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kevin Wang:

    The hard way. Saving up money to buy the next property but the working capital required will be shorter since you'll have rent from your first property. 

     I don't mind the hard way. Just was hoping there are other creative ways to get into the second deal. Which I know there are just want to pick one and focus in on it. 

  • Investor · Pawtucket, RI · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    Also I have gained equity and made numerous repairs to my property to make it more valuable. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.