Wholesaler In Kansas City building healthy network

Wholesaler In Kansas City building healthy network

Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
Hello, fellow entrepreneurs and investors. My name is Dominick Burgess, I am Located in Kansas City, MO and I am new to Wholesale Real Estate. I would love to hear your stories of how you started and how you operate a successful wholesaling business. Thank you.
1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2016 · 185 posts · 156 votes
9y

@Dominick Burgess

Hey man welcome to BP!


You'll find a wealth of knowledge here that you can tap into pretty easily. I would put together a reading list pertaining to wholesaling and focus on your education. My business partner and I will be utilizing wholesaling to help build capital for the company. 

My biggest advice is to check out a thread (see link below) started by @Will Barnard. It gives you a good real world look into how not to wholesale. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/583...

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2016 · 185 posts · 156 votes
    9y

    @Dominick Burgess

    Hey man welcome to BP!


    You'll find a wealth of knowledge here that you can tap into pretty easily. I would put together a reading list pertaining to wholesaling and focus on your education. My business partner and I will be utilizing wholesaling to help build capital for the company. 

    My biggest advice is to check out a thread (see link below) started by @Will Barnard. It gives you a good real world look into how not to wholesale. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/583...

    Good luck!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    In addition to reading my thread Brian posted above, I advise that you check into your state laws as well regarding wholesaling via assignment contracts. Many states are cracking down on it. I also suggest you look into getting your RE license which can very well open up doors of opportunity for you.

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Thank you all for your help. It's definitely appreciated. Any advise going forward is welcomed and I look forward to connecting with you all. Thank you.
  • Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Wholesaling can be a great way to start, but you have to treat it like a business and be familiar with the laws.  There are also several ways to wholesale and you need to find the one(s) that work for your situation and customers.  Do a lot of reading on this forum.  There is a ton of good info here and should be enough to get you started.

    Happy hunting!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.