Lender · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
Hello all,
I'm newer to the BP community located in the Denver, Thornton area. I'm currently a student at MSU Denver with about a year left to crank out. I'm just curious to see what's working for you as investors in Denver's hot market? I'm working at North Valley Bank in Thornton as a loan assistant. I don't have too great of an income but still very fortunate to do what I do as a student and very thankful. I currently rent at an apartment for $1400/mo which is a bruiser. Just looking for advice in terms of where I might be able to begin. Strategies, location, should I try to partner up with someone to kick start the process, anything would be valuable to me. Of course, finding a mentor would be fantastic. I still have lots to learn and am very excited too. I'm just looking ahead a little bit and am very appreciative of anyone's advice.
Real Estate Agent · Erie, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 512 votes
9y
Hey @Elliott Hamdeed, my brother is just a little bit ahead of you since he graduated from MSU back in May last year, but we've been working on building him up to his first property for purchase this June. Are you around on Wednesday night? We have the meetup in Erie. I could walk you through some of the things he's working on making happen now.
Real Estate Agent · Erie, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 512 votes
9y
Hey @Elliott Hamdeed, my brother is just a little bit ahead of you since he graduated from MSU back in May last year, but we've been working on building him up to his first property for purchase this June. Are you around on Wednesday night? We have the meetup in Erie. I could walk you through some of the things he's working on making happen now.
Lender · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
9y
@Dan Mackin that sounds great. I could make it up there by 6pm. I usually get off work at 5pm. Any advice would be very helpful and I'm very much looking forward to meeting and networking with you!
Investor · Centennial, CO · Member since 2012 · 327 posts · 232 votes
9y
Hi Elliott, if you'd like to learn about Multi-Family and commercial investing, I hold a monthly meet-up in the Denver area. Every other month we meet off of I-25 and 104th from noon to 2pm. Go to MeetUp.com and search for Denver Apartment Luncheon. We'd love to have you join us.
Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
Hey @Elliott Hamdeed . Welcome to BP! You've come to a great place. No trolls on here. Mostly people looking to help others. Asking for advice on investing in Denver is like asking for thoughts on the economy. There are tons of factors and a billion different ways to look at it. I'm bullish about the market from an appreciation standpoint, but I know others aren't as optimistic. If you're interested in real estate, maybe start by buying your first home. (That is, if you plan on staying in the Denver area for awhile.) Buying your primary residence is good practice for understanding the process, and there are a variety of ways to use the equity you build up there to buy your second property and start building our empire.
Anyway, peruse this site, read as much as you can, reach out to some folks and grab coffee, chat everyone up and don't be afraid to jump in. Cheers!
Evergreen, CO · Member since 2017 · 91 posts · 22 votes
9y
Elliott Hamdeed
Dude, follow this guy's lead! Wish I would've known about house-hacking when I was your age.
https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/becoming-a-landlord-the-easy-way/
I am part of a Real Estate Investing group located in the Cherry Creek area. If you are interested in acquisition strategies, raising private capital, tax and legal structuring, accelerated mortgage paydown and/or buying rentals or doing fix and flips/wholesaling, I recommend you check out what we do. We cover just about everything. I would love to have you as my guest at one of our next events! PM if you are interested. Thanks.