New to the investing world! (Indianapolis, IN)

New to the investing world! (Indianapolis, IN)

Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I'm extremely excited to be a part of the BiggerPockets forums! I'm 24 years old and am currently working in IT as a Systems Administrator. I'm in a position to where I want to learn and act on real estate investing, but only after I educate myself accordingly! At the moment, I'm learning as much as I can through the various articles, podcasts, and videos provided here at BiggerPockets. My goal is to build wealth over the long-term through buy and hold properties. I'd love to create an amount of cashflow that would enable me and my family to reach our financial goals. 

I hope to learn a lot and I feel I will! 

Thank you,

Michael M.

0Reply
26 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Madison, CT · Member since 2014 · 710 posts · 458 votes
    9y

    @Michael Meyers. Solid strategy and goals. Good luck! Buy and hold multi families is what I do. Reach out if you have any specific questions or want to chat.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thank you Kevin! That's what I believe I'm going to do. I feel I'll get the best value out of investing in multi-family homes. They seem much more desirable than single family homes. My first hurdle is gaining enough confidence through learning from here and other sources. The second is securing a way to land the financing for my first property! 

    I'm sure I'll have questions at some point! 

    Thank you,

    Michael

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hello Michael, welcome to the community!

    I work with my group as well as investors when it comes to representing buyers on the Realtor side for fix and flips, but my background is in multifamily.

    Any questions about purchasing properties as well as looking for unique opportunities, feel free to shoot me a message.

    Best,

    Jimmy

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jimmy S.:

    Hello Michael, welcome to the community!

    I work with my group as well as investors when it comes to representing buyers on the Realtor side for fix and flips, but my background is in multifamily.

    Any questions about purchasing properties as well as looking for unique opportunities, feel free to shoot me a message.

    Best,

    Jimmy

     Thank you Jimmy! I'm sure I will shoot you a message sometime! I'm extremely eager to get my feet wet. I'd like to have my first property within the next year or so.

    Michael M.

  • Wholesaler and Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2009 · 438 posts · 293 votes
    9y

    Hi Michael,

      I have owned duplexes and done some wholesaling.

    Always love to talk shop. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 87 posts · 56 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Michael Meyers! You're definitely in the right place. I would also suggest checking out the local REIA groups to network with local investors. I believe CIREIA has a few members only meetings the rest of the year, but INREIA has their monthly meeting coming up on the 13th. You can check out either of their sites for more info.

    I'm an investor and agent in the area as well, so happy to answer any questions you have. I have a backround in IT myself, before this whole real estate thing came along. Great industry and very popular here locally!

  • Professional · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2014 · 222 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    Welcome to the BP network.  You are in a great market to get started in Indianapolis.  This forum will be very informative to you.  Good luck! @Michael Meyers

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thank you Andy! I appreciate the response. I'd love to talk shop sometime via phone, email, or in person. I'd really enjoy hearing your experiences and any advice you may have.

    Michael M. 

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Erin Donlan:

    Welcome @Michael Meyers! You're definitely in the right place. I would also suggest checking out the local REIA groups to network with local investors. I believe CIREIA has a few members only meetings the rest of the year, but INREIA has their monthly meeting coming up on the 13th. You can check out either of their sites for more info.

    I'm an investor and agent in the area as well, so happy to answer any questions you have. I have a backround in IT myself, before this whole real estate thing came along. Great industry and very popular here locally!

    Thank you Erin! +1 for the IT team! 

    I've looked at a couple of the local REIA groups. I definitely plan to attend some meetings and meet some local investors. I'm sure I will have some questions! I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme, but a genuine way to begin building wealth. Like you, I want to experience real estate and the opportunity it presents. Indianapolis seems to be great area for a budding investor as well. I've found many multi family units. Now I'm just trying to learn as much as possible and to find the best approach for my first investment.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Welcome to the BP network.  You are in a great market to get started in Indianapolis.  This forum will be very informative to you.  Good luck! @Michael Meyers

    Thank you George! I'm extremely excited. It seems that there's an amazing amount of opportunity in REI and I'm eager to begin. The forum has been fantastic so far! It's exactly what I've needed to learn, but most of all connect with others who share the same interest.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    9y

    @Michael Meyers Welcome to BP and the wacky but wonder filled world of REI! To be sure Indianapolis is a great place to be for REI. All best on your REI journey.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Larry Fried:

    @Michael Meyers Welcome to BP and the wacky but wonder filled world of REI! To be sure Indianapolis is a great place to be for REI. All best on your REI journey.

     Thank you Larry!

    I can't wait to learn more and get my feet wet!

  • Camby, IN · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Have you been able to make any real progress investing in real estate?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.