Big decision need advise

Big decision need advise

Fairfield, PA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 2 votes
I need advise from someone in the business. When first starting out is it better to have more time to invest or more money? I have the opportunity to take a different job that pays less but leaves 3 weekdays free to do marketing and networking but I won't have much money to invest in marketing. It seems like a no brainier in a few months I could be making in 3 months what I make in a year now but if things go slowly and the market turns down things will be tight for awhile. Did anyone go through the same thing? I keep hearing stories about how people get fired and they say it was the best thing that ever happened to them. They have no choice but to succeed Thanks for your input in advance.
0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
    10y

    I think it depends on your current financial situation and what strategies do you plan to go after? 

    If you have enough cash flow coming in to sustain your current lifestyle, a job that gives you more time to market seems like a good idea. 

    If your strategy is to fix/flip, it may take several months to find that property, rehab and sell it. Same thing with BRRRR. But for wholesaling, you could ,in theory, generate money quickly with the right deals.

    Keep in mind, even when you market and network, everything takes time. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.