Seek to shadow experienced investor on Oahu. Mentorship.

Seek to shadow experienced investor on Oahu. Mentorship.

Kapolei, HI · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 10 votes
Hi, I am very interested in gaining real world exposure by shadowing an experienced investor here on Oahu. I also desire someone who has made investments on the mainland. I am slowly building my network and am taking online education, listening to podcasts and doing independent reading, however, I hunger for more hands on exposure. It is difficult for me to grasp certain things without being able to witness it or experience any real transactions. I have asked for referrals, however, seemingly get directed to RE Agents, not Investors to connect with. I am very new to all of this and no one in my immediate circle has experience with this (yes, I am building out my circle and it is a process). I am absorbing a lot of information and it can feel like overload when I am taking so much in and not exercising it. I desire guidance and a focus, not be all over the place with tons of information and not knowing how to use it or knowing the right questions to ask. I would love to connect with someone over tea, make introductions, develop a mutual interest and benefit and begin a serious journey of learning through observation and interaction. Thanks!
0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Jennifer Griffin it sounds like you need to attend some REIA meetings in your area. These meeting will allow you to build relationships with experienced investors, and these are the people that you will learn from.

    I see a lot of people making the mistake of looking for a single mentor. Its great if someone can find a single person to teach them the business, but from my experience it's more of picking up information from a broad group of investors and incorporating that info into my routine.

    Hope that helps :)

  • Kapolei, HI · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    10y
    Brandon L. Indeed! I do attend a few as that is my way of slowly building my network and help interact with new people and increase my visibility. For me, I am a huge introvert, so I value one on one interaction a lot. I am seeking to create a balance and utilize platforms like this to help me.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.