Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
Has anyone used the "Your First Million in Real Estate Course" from Clever Investor? Its by Josh Altman (from Bravo's Million Dollar Listing show) and Cody Sperber. The course covers wholesaling (they call 'No-Money-Quick Flips) and flipping (they call it 'Fix and Flips'). Just wondering if anyone has heard of this or has used it and what your thoughts were?
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 51 votes
10y
@Sonya B. My opinion is to steer clear of these types of courses. I've never attended one, but from what I hear, they usually "rope" you in by offering you a free seminar for a day. They get you all hyped up about how it's so easy to make all this money and that they have a proven system to do it and they'll show you how to do it. But they don't do that at the seminar. At the end of the day, they then tell you that if you want to know the secret of how to do that, you can take the training course. Oh and then they'll charge you a lot of money for it... I've heard anywhere between $5-$20k or more.
I don't know if these courses work or not (many people say that don't deliver what they promise), but to me... you can learn everything you need to know on Bigger Pockets (BP), the internet, YouTube, from your local Real Estate Investor Association, etc....