REI Meets in Jacksonville North Carolina?

REI Meets in Jacksonville North Carolina?

Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 39 votes

Hello Everyone,

I was curious to know if any investors get together for meets in the Jacksonville area of North Carolina or nearby? I'm currently closing in on my first potential investment property soon near New River. I'll be using my VA loan and living in the property so I may rent out some rooms to other Marines and then when I get stationed elsewhere, I'll turn it into a complete rental property. I'd love to attend any meetings to learn as much as I can from more experienced investors!

1Reply
78 views

Most Popular Reply

Oceanside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
10y
There is actually a meeting this Thursday at 7 pm. If your interested it is at Chamber of Commerce. If you want the address let me know and I can track it down for you.
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Adam SchneiderPro Member
    Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 955 posts · 639 votes
    10y

    Timothy, I recommend reaching out to Rich Morgan. He is based in Wilmington but does a lot of business in JAX, NC.

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    There is actually a meeting this Thursday at 7 pm. If your interested it is at Chamber of Commerce. If you want the address let me know and I can track it down for you.
  • Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 39 votes
    10y

    @Adam Schneider

    Thank you, I'll see if I can reach out to him.

    @Corey Brown

    Thanks, yea that would be great! It might cut it a little close with my work schedule, but if I can I'll def try to attend!

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    1099 Gum Branch Rd, Jacksonville, NC

  • Renter · Leland, NC · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    GL on the deal! I'm in wilmington area and I'm also looking to put an offer on my first property. 

    @Adam Schneider I did a people search for RIch Morgan, no one in North Carolina came up.

  • Investor · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 19 votes
    10y
    Brett Hogan He's homevestors, the we buy ugly shacks.com local franchisee. I reached out to them a couple of times as a buyer and had zero response. So I guess they either keep them themselves or wholesale to a select group. Or maybe they just didn't like me. Anyway he's / they're not on BP I don't think. Good luck!
  • Investor · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Rich is an organizer of the Coastal Carolina REIA

    They do a local meeting every 2nd Thursday of the month in Wilmington. I have heard him market any available properties at these meetings. It's a good meet and greet. They also do guest speakers covering an array of REI topics each meeting.

  • SF Bay Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    GL Timothy and Semper Fi brother!

  • Armed Forces · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    I'm interested in attending one of these meetings as well. I don't have any properties besides my current residence which we will be renting in May, but I have a potential partner and we are looking for properties in the Jacksonville and Wilmington areas... Our primary focus is going to be foreclosures to turn to buy and hold as well as condos in the Wilmington area... Would love to talk to some Wilmington folks about the condo thing as the numbers look great on paper but there seems to be a lot of downsides to them. Are newbies welcome at these events?
  • Jim StallingsPro Member
    Investor · Swansboro, NC · Member since 2010 · 63 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Hello, my name is Jim Stallings and I host the REI meetings in Jacksonville, NC. We meet the 4th Thursday of the month around 7 pm. We did meet this past Thursday 3/24 and we're meeting again next month 4/28. Yes, absolutely new investors are more than welcome to attend!!! We don't care if you just started thinking about getting into Real Estate Investing or you've completed 500 deals, we love everyone!!! I encourage you to register on our meetup group site @ Real Estate Investors Eastern NC. There are absolutely NO FEES to attend, we've never charged. I really enjoy sharing what I've learned over the years and try to prevent people from making many of the mistakes I made over the years!!! I hope to see y'all next month on 4/28!

    Thanks,

    Jim

  • Armed Forces · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Awesome, I'll be on my way to California by the time that next meet comes around but I will try to have my partner attend it as he's staying local to the area
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.