Florida Tax lien selling to secondary market

Florida Tax lien selling to secondary market

Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi,

I'm still in my research phase in buying Title Lien certificates in Florida. Now, I am not interested in owning the property.  Therefore, I want to buy the TLC and flip to a secondary market. Is there a business in that strategy? What secondary market's exist? and finally how long do I have to hold the TLC before I flip it to a secondary market?

0Reply
27 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · North Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I never heard of a secondary market for TLC. Just for the properties. There are plenty of auctions for who wants to purchase the tax for the interest rates. So I don't see leverage to sell those TLC. If you find one, please let me know.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    Makes no sense.  You'll be bidding down to 4-5% interest tops, maybe 1-3%, on a decently collateralized certificate.  You may not realize that buying the certificate gives you NO advantage in trying to acquire the property.

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    While some people don't believe a their is a secondary market in property tax liens there are people that insist there is. I used to receive portfolios of Florida TLCs for sale.

    http://taxlieninvestingtips.com/2015/04/29/seconda...

    http://www.secondarytaxlien.com/requirements

    https://rei-holdings.com/intro/

    http://pipgrouptaxliens.com/illinois-secondary-mar...

    PIP Group has been in business quite a while.

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Sorry. I thought the OP was looking for purchasing on the TLC secondary market.  I apologize.

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @John Anderson Hello! Where can you go directly for a list of Illinois secondary tax liens? When I say secondary I am talking about an after market of tax liens previously purchased from the County. I agree that I would never pay her a yearly of over a $1000. She invests her own money with PIP Group. They sell secondary tax liens. Perhaps that's where  she gets them for her group members.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.