Market Rent and Neighborhood Rating

Market Rent and Neighborhood Rating

New Bedford, MA · Member since 2015 · 361 posts · 114 votes

Two Questions:

1. How do you truly determine "Market Rent". Is it just looking at comps in the area? Or is there a specific website that states the areas market rent?

2. How do you classify a property as an A, B or C? Likewise with the neighborhood?

Thanks!

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cary, IL · Member since 2014 · 124 posts · 95 votes
    11y

    For market rents I like to use a combination of calling local rental agencies, throwing the address on rentometer, zillow, and lastly......craigslist for the low end of the range.  The more data points you can gather the better.  I don't average these, but lean more towards the numbers I get from the agency and rentometer.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.