Would a Hard/Private Money Lender Lend to an 18 Year Old?

Would a Hard/Private Money Lender Lend to an 18 Year Old?

Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Note: I'm not asking for a lender, I'm just asking if a lender would lend to an 18 year old under certain circumstances

Bank type or private investors (I would most likely need to find a private investor or a group of them)

Say I was 18, found a home with a market value of 100k. Say I got it under contract for 60k due to extenuating circumstances (maybe pre foreclosure, short sale, etc)

If I needed to fix it up, or something similar, and if I presented a good case to one of these people, would they lend me money if it seemed like a promising investment?

0Reply
25 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed Hard money lenders care more about: Credit history, Income, and experience. If you have a decent fico with no experience you should be able to get funding. Especially if the deal is good.

    Hope this help

  • Logistician · Member since 2012 · 58 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed

     I would say that there is only one way to know for sure - ask as many private lenders as you can find. Thin about it, what do you have to lose?

  • Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2015 · 373 posts · 205 votes
    11y
    A property with good ROI potential under contract with a solid business plan will in the least get you serious consideration with a HML. You might consider partnering up with a more experienced investor for your fist deal or two, or more if things are working well between you. This would add to the experience part of the business plan. The end goal is more than just the earnings in that first deal or two. The end goal is to build your resume while you are still young enabling you to go it alone if that's your desire.
  • Rental Property Investor · Evansville, WI · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Biz Plan is a must, be sure to include your team of professionals to show that even though you are young, you have a team of professionals behind you.  Realtor, CPA, Insurance agent, Attorney, Mentor/Coach/Partner.

  • Real Estate Investor · Prince Geroge's County, MD · Member since 2012 · 392 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    If you have a good deal why not?  Some may be reluctant but they care more about the deal and the person as opposed to just the age.  

  • Hartsdale, NY · Member since 2015 · 874 posts · 218 votes
    11y

    Ask Your family.  They know you and probably like you.

    I backed my sons in a bussiness when the oldest one was 19 years old and never regretted a cent of it.  After one or two false starts they each made out very well in the bussiness world.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.