Hey BP! Just Starting Out in Snohomish County WA area

Hey BP! Just Starting Out in Snohomish County WA area

Wholesaler · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hey BP! My name is Gabe Shultz. I live in the Snohomish county WA area. Currently I work full time for Boeing on the 787 as a mechanic. After 5 years there I became very unhappy. When my unhappiness started to impact my family I knew it was time for a change. I thankfully found BP and read the Ultimate Beginners guide and have been hooked ever since. It sparked a fire inside me that I don't think will ever go out. I don't think there is ever a day where I'm not reading a book on real estate or talking about it. My ultimate goal is to be purchasing and rehabbing single and multi family properties and holding some as rentals as well as turning around and selling others. When I was younger I made some bad financial decisions that still affect my credit to this day but I am working on getting my score back up to par. Due to these bad decisions and not terrible but not so good credit score my ultimate goal will have to remain more of a long term one and I have decided to start my investing career in wholesaling.

I am currently starting up my wholesaling business and am working on building my power team. I am definitely in search of any real estate agents in my area that would like to work with me or if anyone could refer me to one or many that would be AWESOME! I definitely will bring value to the relationship as well. I know that it has to be a two way street. I am also wondering if anyone knows of any investor friendly title companies in my area that are familiar with assignment, double close etc. Lastly, if there are other members in my area that would be ok with chatting it up from time to time about our investing scene that would be great. I promise to keep the Starbucks flowin'.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my first post. I very much appreciate any and all comments, advice and information very much. Really, I mean it, I very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Gabe Shultz

2Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 62 votes
11y

Welcome @Gabe Shultz from the M'ville hood!  I would love to pay your assignment fee to get some wholesale deals!!  BRING THEM TO ME!!  

I have a super awesome real estate agent at my disposal so we've got you covered!

Please do yourself a favor and START LOOKING FOR DEALS.  The most important thing you can have is a good deal.  GET THE GOOD DEALS UNDER CONTRACT FIRST, then look for buyers.  When you have a good deal, everything else will be easy to find.  Without a good deal, everything is worthless.

I would recommend contacting Doug Owens http://www.seattle-realestate-lawyer.com/ for reviewing your purchase and sale agreements and assignment contract.  He's also very investor savvy and is a pleasure to work with!

-AA

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 517 posts · 106 votes
    11y

    Welcome Gabe. BP is a wonderful community of investors. You will learn so much and get great support here. 

  • WA · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi Gabe and welcome!  I too, am in Sno Co and investing around the area.  I'd be happy to meet up to discuss biz sometime.   Connect with me via colleague request!

    Dee

  • Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    hello 

    @Gabe Shultz

    I'm also in Snohomish and like Dee said always open to meet up and chat. There is a meeting on the east side on the 5th and regular snoco investor meetings thanks to miss @dee 

    @Dee Miles

    Good luck and welcome to the forums! 

  • Wholesaler · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the replies guys and gals.

    @Chris Kerschen Thanks for the welome. Feels good to finally be a part of this great community.

    @Rhondalette W. Thanks a lot. I'm already blown away from all the great information I'm finding about "everything" REI related. The members are great too. I really get a sense that everyone truly cares about everyone elses success and loves playing their part to help out.

    @Dee Miles

    @Dee Miles I knew I recognized your name. Haha. I saw the meet up group you run on meetup.com and have been thinking about attending for a while now but just haven't pulled the trigger and went yet. I will definitely be there at the next one. Thank you also for presenting me the opportunity to talk biz with you sometime. For a newbie that's "huge". I will definitely be contacting you soon in the near future.

    @Natalie Kolodij  Thanks for the info about the meetings. Ill message you later to get the info about the one taking place on the east side. Also, thanks a lot for the invite to talk Real Estate with you sometime. I will definitely take you up on that.

  • Investor · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Gabe Shultz from the M'ville hood!  I would love to pay your assignment fee to get some wholesale deals!!  BRING THEM TO ME!!  

    I have a super awesome real estate agent at my disposal so we've got you covered!

    Please do yourself a favor and START LOOKING FOR DEALS.  The most important thing you can have is a good deal.  GET THE GOOD DEALS UNDER CONTRACT FIRST, then look for buyers.  When you have a good deal, everything else will be easy to find.  Without a good deal, everything is worthless.

    I would recommend contacting Doug Owens http://www.seattle-realestate-lawyer.com/ for reviewing your purchase and sale agreements and assignment contract.  He's also very investor savvy and is a pleasure to work with!

    -AA

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Gabe Shultz

    BP is a treasure chest full of useful resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.

  • Wholesaler · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Aaron Ramm    Aaron, thank you very much man. I very much appreciate the offer to purchase the property's I get under contract, getting me in contact with a great real estate agent who I have been searching for, the lawyer reference who I will "definitely" be contacting and the great advice. I very much look forward to doing business!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Gabe Shultz

    Welcome. 

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Wholesaler · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Mark Nolan Thanks for the great advice. I'm just starting to scratch the surface of this site and already can tell how powerful it can be.

    @Paul Timmins very good advice. One of the very first things I did when I joined this site is download those books. I plan on and look forward to reading each one when I get the chance. I also look forward to attending my local meet ups. I haven't been to one yet so I'm pretty pumped to meet all my local fellow investors!

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    11y

    Hey @Gabe Shultz welcome to BP and the wonderful word of Real Estate Investing!

    Do what @Paul Timmins (who also lives in the beautiful state of WA) wrote a whole book about them:

    http://get.biggerpockets.com/nomoneydown/

    Hard Money, Private Money, Seller Financing... just to name a few.

    Stay active on the forums and listen to the podcasts, they are a REI education in and of themselves.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.