How do attract investors to partner with me?

How do attract investors to partner with me?

Homeowner · 27549 · Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes

I've been in real estate sales for 8 years and am looking to make the leap into real estate investing. The only problem is I don't have the startup capital to properly advertise and keep myself afloat while I'm putting 100% of my effort into taking off.

I want to find an investor who will be my backer and who will pay all advertising costs in addition to a small salary to keep my debts current. I want to give 50% of the stake of all profits, and at the end of our agreement pay them all the money they spent on advertising and on my salary plus 25% interest.

I'm not sure where to look for these individuals without spending a lot of money to join investor clubs and put the word out there. Also, I've been attending the investor club meetings in my area and most of those people seem to be individuals who are just starting too and don't have any funds.

If you know of places where I can find private investors who have cash they want to invest please let me know.

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2008 · 716 posts · 41 votes
    18y

    What do you offer?

    You spoke to why YOU want a partner.

    Why would anyone want to partner WITH YOU?

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    18y

    If I can be blunt - forget it! You are not going to find someone to pay your advertising and pay your salary in exchange for 50% of profits you may or may not make in the future. I know I wouldn't do that!

    Mike

  • Real Estate Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2008 · 430 posts · 22 votes
    18y

    Good luck, I really hope you find a backer that will do that, because if you do you should write a book on how, and let me know too. :)

    Without me trying to be rude (I was really just joking with you) You will probably have to look out of real estate to find an investor that would back you like that. Meaning you find an investor that really doesnt know anything about real estate. You then create a nice picture of what you can do, and hope that he/she will fund you.

    What you will be able to find are investors that lend privately per purchase. They will give you money based on the deal and fund the deal only. Not pay for your marketing or salary. Even these are hard to tap into without any real experience. Bottom line is, would you fund you if someone was asking you what you are asking someone to do?

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    18y

    What you are looking for is the security of employment with the rewards of entrepreneurship. Doesn't happen. If you want the rewards, you have to take the risks of entrepreneurship and let go of the security.

    I got financial backers by securing them on the property and guaranteeing a return - even if making good on their return meant I made nothing on the deal. You have to do that. You have to provide the benefits long before you get paid.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.