First Advertising Buys - How did you deal with the jitters?

First Advertising Buys - How did you deal with the jitters?

Investor · San Angelo, TX · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 5 votes

Hello everyone!

I've been buying retail through the MLS for the past two years, and a few decent lots of land through tax sales. I've built up the nerve and I'm committing to buying car magnets and a 6-round direct mail campaign of building letters on a 1 month to 6 week spacing scheme with a post card at the end.


I've got my questionnaires and a few other systems in place. I know that I can offer a few solutions to problems depending on seller motivation and other factors, and add value to several groups of people in the process.

With that said, how did many of you deal with the anticipation? 

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Mooreville, NC · Member since 2008 · 139 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    Anticipation?  Meaning you are anxious to meet with the seller?  I remember feeling this way on my first few appointments.  But when people call me to come look at their house and make them an offer, there is really nothing to be anxious about.  I am there to help them solve a problem.  So I just sit back and listen.  And always come from a place of abundance.  "How can I help you, Mr. Seller?"

  • Investor · San Angelo, TX · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the perspective Rob. I am coming to find a way to solve a problem or somehow add value to them. The first time meeting with a seller outside of the normal MLS/Realtor process is just so exciting because it's something I've yet to do; I'm sure it'll get to feel normal over time, just like with anything else.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.