New to the Site Looking to meet people

New to the Site Looking to meet people

Centerville, IA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen my name is Lance Stull I am from Centerville Iowa, a little background on me: I am 24 years old I graduated high school in 2008, 6 months latter I joined the Marine Corps serverd 4 years, 2 tours in Afghanistan got out about 2 years ago I have two young boys and I am recently divorced I am very new to real-estate investing and haven't done my first deal yet. If there is anything I can do for anyone out there in exchange for advice or guidance I would be very grateful and offer my services anyway I can to expand your business and my knowledge. Thank You very much for taking time out of your day to read this and I hope to here from you soon

                                                                               Respectfully: Lance Stull

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 9 votes
11y

@Lance Stull 

Welcome, and thank you for you service!! There is someone on this site to answer any question that you may have. BP is almost better than having a mentor. It's right there in your pock on your phone whenever you need it (There's a pretty cool app by the way). 

I would highly suggest getting in to a local REIA meeting. That's where you'll find a mentor, if that's what you're seeking.

As far as no one knowing what you're talking about, regarding wholesaling, hopefully that's a good thing ;)

Best of luck in all that you do! 

Adam

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2012 · 72 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    @Lance Stull welcome and thank you for your service! Any questions you may have, let us know! There are plenty of people who will be able to help you out! Best of luck.  

  • Centerville, IA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thank you Mr. Schneider I was wondering if there is a way to wholesale in a different state then the one I live in

  • Darrin CareyPro Member
    Lender · Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 705 votes
    11y

    @Lance Stull You can wholesale in another state, you just need to comply with the state laws where the real estate is located.

    I've found it's much easier to wholesale locally, as I can evaluate the physical condition and location of the building much better.

  • Centerville, IA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Im having a hard time wholsaleing locally because no one knows what im talking about around here

  • Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2009 · 143 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    Welcome Lance. You'll find plenty of good information here. I imagine most non-real estate investors won't know what real estate wholesaling is so that'll probably be the norm most places.

  • Assett Retrieval Specialist · Rowley, IA · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Lance

    I just joined here last week and have found tons of information and friendly people willing to help out. I've reached out to a couple people and actually joined a meet up group with a meeting coming up in a couple weeks. I've downloaded a couple podcasts and listen to them back and forth to work. They also have some great advise. At this point it seems like this site is an excellent source for beginners like us. Although sometimes I think I'm trying to absorb too much at once. I've already read E-Myth and have moved to Rich Dad Poor Dad which are both highly recommended in this market. I'll try to send you the link to the meetup group. I know centerville is quite a drive from CR, but if you have the time it might be worth it. Good luck!

  • Assett Retrieval Specialist · Rowley, IA · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Here you go Lance. Looks like at least a few might be going to it.

    Meet up in CR

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    @Lance Stull 

    Welcome, and thank you for you service!! There is someone on this site to answer any question that you may have. BP is almost better than having a mentor. It's right there in your pock on your phone whenever you need it (There's a pretty cool app by the way). 

    I would highly suggest getting in to a local REIA meeting. That's where you'll find a mentor, if that's what you're seeking.

    As far as no one knowing what you're talking about, regarding wholesaling, hopefully that's a good thing ;)

    Best of luck in all that you do! 

    Adam

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.