Kanawha County, West Virginia Investing?

Kanawha County, West Virginia Investing?

Forest Hills, NY · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Is anyone out there investing in West Virginia?

I'm interested in buy and hold multifamily properties and it seems like a good market. Places like Cross Lanes have low crime, low unemployment and low property taxes. It's also not terribly far from my area in NYC.

I don't see much mention of WV here in the forums, and I don't see much info on property managers in Kanawha County. Is there anything I am missing when I research the area? For example, is it unfriendly to landlords?

Any out of state investors having success in West Virginia?

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Chesapeake, VA · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 9 votes
12y
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS! My contribution to this thread is complete! WVU Class of '05 here
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engineer · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 144 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    I'm a West Virginia University Graduate, but don't invest in WV... yet. Anywhere around Charleston would seem to be a good area to start. The last time I was in Parkersburg I saw a few bandit signs.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chesapeake, VA · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    12y
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS! My contribution to this thread is complete! WVU Class of '05 here
  • Real Estate Broker · Triangle Area, NC · Member since 2012 · 587 posts · 214 votes
    12y

    West Virginia native here! I attended WVU in '03 and then Marshall University in '05...born & raised in Huntington, WV and know all the major metro areas pretty well.

    My suggestion is look near the hospitals & campuses. Huntington & Charleston both have some very good areas but also some very bad areas. Just read the news on a regular basis for a couple of weeks and you'll know which parts to steer clear of. Or send me a PM and I'll give ya the scoop on the war zones!

  • Real Estate Broker · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2013 · 179 posts · 33 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed  I may be. Inbox me details?

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 298 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    It's a sub-2deal, so no banks needed.  10K down, take over payments.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.