Best insurance companies for a long term rental

Best insurance companies for a long term rental

Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 3 votes

Hey all! 
just looking to get some advice on the best companies out in Denver for homeowners insurance on our rental. Thank you in advance!

0Reply
36 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2021 · 279 posts · 121 votes
    2y

    I highly recommend Isela Owens from A-Link insurance here in Colorado Springs.  She is a rockstar and has been able to answer any screwball investor insurance question I have ever thrown her way!  I will send you a PM with her details.

    If you do not use her, I would recommend in general to work with an insurance broker rather than an agent from a large company like State Farm or Geico, etc.  Brokers are able to shop all of insurance providers and find you the best deal!

    I wish you the best in your search!

    Take Care,

  • Rental Property Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    @Brian Bohrer Would you be able to send me her details as well please? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 68 posts · 31 votes
    2y

    Agreed with @Brian Bohrer. In my experience the best coverage with the lowest premiums hardly ever come from the big brand name insurance providers like Allstate, Statefarm, Geico, etc. It’s usually the smaller or local insurance providers that offer the best coverage and rates. A good broker will be able to set you up with those companies. 

    I’ve got a really good insurance broker out of the Denver area I’ll DM you his deets!

  • Rene HosmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes
    2y

    I got the best rate and coverage from Steadily Insurance for my rentals in Denver!

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    @Rene Hosman

    Hey! Would you have an agent to connect from Steadily? 

  • Rene HosmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes
    2y

    I would recommend just going to their website and filling out the inquiry form, the agent I worked with was Kyle B but it seems like part of their schtick is that it's all technology based insurance brokering to save you $ so I don't know that reaching out to a specific agent like a normal insurance quote would work! @Gytenis B.

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.