I'm new to the real estate investment world, and I have a desire to learn more about the best practices in the market. I've gathered that one of the best ways to learn is to follow, shadow, or talk with those who have experience and have found success in REI. I've often heard that a newbie like myself needs to find ways to add value to a real estate investor from whom I am trying to glean knowledge. However, I'm curious about the needs of experienced investors that a newbie could provide for.
For you experienced real estate investors, where is it that someone like myself could add value to your investments? Is it supplying capital? Is it running front-end analyses of comps? Is it being boots on the ground for out-of-state investors?
What are your skills? Can you help a flipper with flooring? Can you help an active investor knock on doors, place flyers, cold call, etc? Are you good with social media?
I heard of one guy that had zero skills and was only 19. He networked with investors and offered to pick up and deliver materials, then he cleaned and secured the worksites every night. He did it for free. They saw his hustle, got to know him and his goals, and then started teaching him. He was a flipper with a TV show ten years later.
The best way to build a business: determine what the needs of the community are, then find a way to meet those needs.
What are your skills? Can you help a flipper with flooring? Can you help an active investor knock on doors, place flyers, cold call, etc? Are you good with social media?
I heard of one guy that had zero skills and was only 19. He networked with investors and offered to pick up and deliver materials, then he cleaned and secured the worksites every night. He did it for free. They saw his hustle, got to know him and his goals, and then started teaching him. He was a flipper with a TV show ten years later.
The best way to build a business: determine what the needs of the community are, then find a way to meet those needs.
Thank you for these insights, Nathan! These are great and very helpful.
My background is in data analytics, and though not super handy, I obviously could do any manual leg work necessary.
Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
2y
As a fellow newbie, I have gathered from my "gurus" that you need to focus on your skills rather than capital. Offer your expertise in market research, financial analysis, and property evaluation. Be prepared to handle administrative tasks, build relationships with industry professionals, and bring a fresh perspective and strong work ethic. This combination of knowledge, support, and enthusiasm can make you a valuable asset to experienced investors.
I'm new to the real estate investment world, and I have a desire to learn more about the best practices in the market. I've gathered that one of the best ways to learn is to follow, shadow, or talk with those who have experience and have found success in REI. I've often heard that a newbie like myself needs to find ways to add value to a real estate investor from whom I am trying to glean knowledge. However, I'm curious about the needs of experienced investors that a newbie could provide for.
For you experienced real estate investors, where is it that someone like myself could add value to your investments? Is it supplying capital? Is it running front-end analyses of comps? Is it being boots on the ground for out-of-state investors?
Curious to hear your thoughts!
Well, honestly, it's not just about throwing money at them. You can help with stuff like researching the market, handling social media, or even just being a local presence for out-of-state investors. And sometimes, just bringing a fresh set of eyes to the table can be super helpful!
Realtor · Griffin, GA · Member since 2024 · 18 posts · 14 votes
2y
Find a local REI group that does meet ups and start going. Deal Makers Atlanta is having a meetup tonight 7/25 in Newnan. You can find them on Facebook. There is another group that meets monthly in Buckhead.
Find a local REI group that does meet ups and start going. Deal Makers Atlanta is having a meetup tonight 7/25 in Newnan. You can find them on Facebook. There is another group that meets monthly in Buckhead.
Can you give some details on the meets in Buckhead?