Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Sam Huang
Votes |
Investing in new construction in Tulsa, OK

Sam Huang
Posted Jul 6 2024, 17:10

We are real-estate investors from CA & trying to pick an OOS market with Tulsa (stable economy and future outlook, modest appreciation & reasonable cash-flow).

We heard from family/friends about new construction duplexes around the Tulsa metro targeting investors. We are long-term investors (10+ years) and plan to use the properties for cash-flow when we retire in 15+ years. We hope to have paid-off 5-10 small multi-family properties in the Tulsa area by retirement age that should supplement our 401K's and Social-Security income.

Area: West Tulsa (blue-collar neighborhood)

Property Price: $360K

Average rents: $3000-$3200 (duplex)

Has anyone heard/worked with Marc Ruiz in Tulsa? Are these numbers reasonable for Tulsa (0.9 for rent-to-price ratio and B class neighborhoods focussing on affordable housing) and the duplex should cash-flow about ~$200/door with 25-30% down.

For other investors in Tulsa, not targeting value-add (BRRRR, ...) - would you consider this a reasonable deal (don't need a home-run)?

User Stats

Votes
James Atkinson
  • Realtor
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Jul 10 2024, 10:21

Hey Sam, I'm an agent in Tulsa. Depending on the condition of the property, $1500-$1600/month per unit on a duplex is reasonable. West Tulsa can be a tricky area of town, and isn't seen as a top area for renters just yet(specifically across the river). You may look at areas of Tulsa county that are growing and have new construction like Owasso or near the Rose District in Broken Arrow. Feel free to send me a message if you're looking for more detailed info. Good luck with the search!

User Stats

Votes
Dakota Adney
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tulsa, Ok
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tulsa, Ok
Replied Jul 15 2024, 07:49

It depends on the size of each unit. I have only been able to get $1.00/sqft. and $1.20/sqft for a nice house in a good area (Rose District, etc.)

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
James Atkinson
  • Realtor
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Jul 15 2024, 08:18
Quote from @Dakota Adney:

It depends on the size of each unit. I have only been able to get $1.00/sqft. and $1.20/sqft for a nice house in a good area (Rose District, etc.)

That is roughly the same for my rental, I agree.

User Stats

Votes
Andy Eakes
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jul 18 2024, 15:42

Hey Sam, I'm an OOS investor from SoCal and I own a couple properties in Tulsa. I feel like the advice given is spot on. West Tulsa should be evaluated on a street by street basis. If you're not totally satisfied with your realtor out there though, I can recommend the guy I partnered with. He's a total rockstar and I feel he's always been spot on with rental comps.