What are you charging for Tennant background checks?

What are you charging for Tennant background checks?

Emory ClaytonPro Member
Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 25 votes

Wanting to know what everyone is charging to run background checks for validating tenants. This includes income & asset verification, tenant's credit, criminal, and eviction reports. RentRedi has integration to handle this, but at $50 for the income & asset verification and $40 for the  tenant's credit, criminal, and eviction reports, that seems high to me. Is it expected that a tenant is going to pay $90 for this? I haven't rented in about 7 years, but if I remember correctly, it was $50 at that time. Just looking to see if this is the expectation nowadays or am I way off on having RentRedi handle this for me. 

0Reply
29 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    RentSpree is about $50. It doesn't really matter if they will pay it or not, they have to and you need it. $90 seems like a lot though, I agree.

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    2y

    Charge what it costs, but I agree try to find something that is less expensive (eg $50).

  • Investor · Dallas Fort Worth · Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Emory Clayton:

    Wanting to know what everyone is charging to run background checks for validating tenants. This includes income & asset verification, tenant's credit, criminal, and eviction reports. RentRedi has integration to handle this, but at $50 for the income & asset verification and $40 for the  tenant's credit, criminal, and eviction reports, that seems high to me. Is it expected that a tenant is going to pay $90 for this? I haven't rented in about 7 years, but if I remember correctly, it was $50 at that time. Just looking to see if this is the expectation nowadays or am I way off on having RentRedi handle this for me. 

    37$ + tax ( approx 42$) and ask Tenant to  fill the application and pay directly instead of me being middle man. I use MyRental.com for tenant screening with option for them to pay. If they willing to take time to fill application and pay, I would review and move forward with next steps. Good luck !!  
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.