Looking for help from investors in Snohomish/Skagit County

Looking for help from investors in Snohomish/Skagit County

Realtor · Snohomish/Skagit County · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi. I am a real estate agent in the north Snohomish/South Skagit Counties. I plan to expand our business plan to include investing. I have never done real estate investing and would love some help. I have a hundred (or more) questions. Most meetups are in Seattle and I would prefer someone closer. If there is anyone willing/able to help, I would very much appreciate it. Always, thank you. Jamie

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael HaasBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
3y

If you make it down to Seattle, here's our networking event: https://www.meetup.com/pro/hou...

HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 243 posts · 246 votes
    3y

    Hey! Happy to help - what kinds of questions do you have?

    If your serious about including investing into your business, you should make it down to the Seattle meetups. Some of the heaviest hitters in real estate investing are in Seattle; you're going to get a lot of value coming to them. I host one myself every 3rd Thursday!

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    I’m currently not in Skagit county anymore (do to work), but I plan on moving back up there and would be interested in possibly teaming up on an investment up there, especially in the Skagit county. 

  • Realtor · Snohomish/Skagit County · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Eric Yu:

    Hey! Happy to help - what kinds of questions do you have?

    If your serious about including investing into your business, you should make it down to the Seattle meetups. Some of the heaviest hitters in real estate investing are in Seattle; you're going to get a lot of value coming to them. I host one myself every 3rd Thursday!

    Thank you Eric. Would you send me details about your meetup. While I would prefer to have something closer, right now I need connections and information. 
  • Realtor · Snohomish/Skagit County · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @James W Tollick:

    I’m currently not in Skagit county anymore (do to work), but I plan on moving back up there and would be interested in possibly teaming up on an investment up there, especially in the Skagit county. 


     Thank you. Let me know when you return to our beautiful area. Would love to connect.

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2015 · 457 posts · 386 votes
    3y

    @Jamie Laliberte I am an investor in Snohomish County. Feel free to reach out and I am happy to answer any questions I can for you.

    John

  • Realtor · Snohomish/Skagit County · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Barrett:

    @Jamie Laliberte I am an investor in Snohomish County. Feel free to reach out and I am happy to answer any questions I can for you.

    John


     Hi. John, thank you. I have been advised as a first step to start with Wholesales. Therefore, my questions are around contracts and the required steps to assign a contract to a end-buyer. If you can hlep I would love to chat with you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2015 · 457 posts · 386 votes
    3y

    @Jamie Laliberte Totally understand and I can't be much help with that.  My strategy is more the save for down payments and then purchase for long term holds.

    John

  • Realtor · Snohomish/Skagit County · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    @John Barrett Thank you. Do you know other investors in this area that might be able to help.

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    3y

    @Jamie Laliberte Welcome to Bigger Pockets and real estate investing! I have found this site and forums to be abundantly helpful when I first started and still now years later.

  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 899 votes
    3y

    Jamie - thanks - feel free to  ask  any questions on this forum ...also  if you  will need  financing - make sure to get  pre approved  for a loan....pre aprpoval process is  easy / free and can be done  remotely ...good luck

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2015 · 457 posts · 386 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jamie Laliberte:

    @John Barrett Thank you. Do you know other investors in this area that might be able to help.

    @Jamie Laliberte I don't really know any wholesalers personally.  I would suggest starting joining some of the local Facebook investing groups.  I personally like WAREI but there are a number of WA Landlord groups as well.  This will let you see who is actively doing wholesaling and allow you to connect directly with them.

    I see a lot of people who look at wholesaling as the way to jump into investing.  Many do not appreciate the amount of work / how difficult wholesaling can be. I often suggest that people find a good paying job and focus on savings as a means to build capital.  Not saying this is what you need to do but just something to make sure you have thought about.

    John

  • Michael HaasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Jamie Laliberte welcome to BP! Sounds like you're an Realtor, right? The "start with wholesaling" advice is not very good advice in my opinion, but if you go that route just use the regular NWMLS contracts you write every day in your agent business. Buyer is "Your LLC And Or Assigns" and write up a form 34 that gives visibility to the seller that the contract may be assigned.

    The #1 question a prospective investor-client will ask you is "are you an investor yourself?" It sounds like your answer to that question is no, so I would start investing personally before marketing yourself to clients a an Investment focused realtor. 

    HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
  • Michael HaasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    If you make it down to Seattle, here's our networking event: https://www.meetup.com/pro/hou...

    HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.