How can I use my current position to get to a better position?

How can I use my current position to get to a better position?

New to Real Estate · St Louis, MO · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote

 So, I have a job that allows me to travel anywhere on the globe for free (small fee for international flights), and it's really cool. My parents and people who personally know me always tell me about how good of a position I'm in, but how can I utilize it? I'm 21 with a good credit score, I save a lot of money, and now I'm able to hop on a plane and fly wherever I want. I just need some direction on how I can use my position to get to an even better position. I don't want to use where I'm at just to travel and spend money to look cool or just because I can. I really want to make something of this, if it's through real estate, networking, or some form of business, I just need some type of direction. 

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
4y
Quote from @Joseph Mosby III:

The ability to travel freely enables you to study markets better than someone doing it from a distance. I would try to look for markets that make sense, have strong networking opportunities, and where you can find someone to manage the properties for you. Try to find a market with cheap houses and strong cashflow, a good lender, a strong property management company, etc. Start investing there, build your experience, then break out into other markets.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y
  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    I would definitely recommend house hacking to start out. If you can literally pick anywhere make sure it is a city you don't mind living in. That is how I got started @Joseph Mosby III

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Joseph,

    I don't see a way to leverage flying places for free into any type of Real Estate investment.

    Anyone can fly for a few bucks, and just being able to not pay for it, or fly a lot doesn't seem to be a leg under the Real Estate investment table.

    It seems more of a lifestyle thing, like a nice vehicle, or nice clothes.

    If that free flight came with free room and board and a free rental car, then you'd really be set up.

    Good Luck!

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Joseph Mosby III:

    The ability to travel freely enables you to study markets better than someone doing it from a distance. I would try to look for markets that make sense, have strong networking opportunities, and where you can find someone to manage the properties for you. Try to find a market with cheap houses and strong cashflow, a good lender, a strong property management company, etc. Start investing there, build your experience, then break out into other markets.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.