Birmingham, Alabama: The most underrated city in the US?

Birmingham, Alabama: The most underrated city in the US?

Member since 2022 · 25 posts · 11 votes

I went to Birmingham for the first time this weekend to assess the current market and try to spot opportunities. I liked the city, it has a lot of potential, there are a lot of distressed properties and vacant lots in great locations, very close to Downtown and the UAB campus, gentrification is already happening but I would study the market and economic trends before investing there. I work with an investor that is originally from Birmingham and he thinks the potential is there although, there are issues with property crime in certain areas- If you have not been there, it is a housing market worth studying in my opinion.

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Hunter TerrynPro Member
Birmingham, AL · Member since 2021 · 79 posts · 68 votes
4y

BHM for the win!! Wife and I moved up here from Sarasota, FL for her residency at UAB. Bham has blown away our expectations and we’re proud to call it home for the next 4 years or so. 

People are nice, investments come at a great value, there’s plenty to do around town, traffic is reasonable, the airport is the fastest in the world to get through, and the food is off the charts!! 

A true hidden gem of the South and only room to grow!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Thanks for the insights! Will look into it :)

  • Hunter TerrynPro Member
    Birmingham, AL · Member since 2021 · 79 posts · 68 votes
    4y

    BHM for the win!! Wife and I moved up here from Sarasota, FL for her residency at UAB. Bham has blown away our expectations and we’re proud to call it home for the next 4 years or so. 

    People are nice, investments come at a great value, there’s plenty to do around town, traffic is reasonable, the airport is the fastest in the world to get through, and the food is off the charts!! 

    A true hidden gem of the South and only room to grow!

  • Real Estate Agent · Macedon, NY · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    I've spent many months in the Birgmingham area during work trips to Hoover. It is an area with a ton of potential that I've put on my list of places to consider as I go deeper into this business. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.