Class B and Above neighborhoods in St Louis area

Class B and Above neighborhoods in St Louis area

New to Real Estate · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 11 votes

Greetings Everyone,

I'm a rookie investor from Maryland and the St Louis area was one of the markets I'm interested in. I wanted to find out about Class B and above neighborhoods within the city and its surrounding suburbs within a 30 minute drive. Would something like Florissant, MO considered B?

Also, my max budget is 160k and below and wanted to find out if this is doable?

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    Neighborhood "Class" definitions are pretty subjective. This guide by @Whitney Hutten is a pretty good way to understand how they work, however: 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    It's amazing to me that Class B property exists at $160K and below anywhere in the US - I hope that it does for your sake in STL. 

  • Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2022 · 739 posts · 410 votes
    4y

    Hi @Navraj Gill, 

    It really depends on your definition of class B. If your definition of Class B is the same as mine, it will be tough to find something in that price range.

    As Scott said, the definitions are subjective. I would check out the guide that he linked.

    Also, reach out to some local agents. They will be able to help you determine where you can get the most bang for your buck.

    Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.