19 yr old carpenter apprentice with huge dreams

19 yr old carpenter apprentice with huge dreams

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 2 votes

Hey everyone! My name is Ethan, and I just quit my job at a factory to pursue my dream of becoming an expert carpenter that can repair my own investments! The end goal would be to have a completely remote (no main office building or anything) business where I have a team of people searching for super run down properties that need some love, and then I would have a team of my guys help me fix them and flip them. My obstacle is that when I talk to my mentors and parents about this, they tell me that theres gonna be a crash soon. And when I ask "Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?" They just say "it depends", but they aren't really experienced enough in real estate to give me anything else besides that. I'd love to know if anyone could give me a few ideas to chew on for if I wanted to buy a property with $20k in Southern California considering If had all the money lined up for any cost that would ever come up. And If my credit score checked out. I guess my main question is this: What city should I look at buying my first fix and flip house hack, in Southern California? I seriously appreciate your time if you left a comment!

2Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 686 votes
    4y

    I say this very softly.

    Keep your full time job or get a full time job.

    Work for a framer of finisher.  Learn all the tricks to be a master .  (2-6) years.

    This will also give you a good income that is steady.  No bank will loan you any money

    without a good bank account or job.  Save your money, No more gaming, work and get a 

    part time job working also.

    In California I'm thinking $50,000 may be a ok down payment .  I would not pick that State though.

    It is still one of the  most expensive and the not the best economy in the nation.

    Florida has almost the same weather and 1/4 th  the cost.

    Get around successful business people.  Those become your best friends and ask if you can work for them for almost nothing on the side to learn their skills.  Also listen to them about your goals.

    Great goals you have and dreams and Hopefully in your mid 20's you will own some property.

    Wow, how many kids can say that?

    Go Ethan,

    I would  move out of that area when you can.  

    Hopefully some more people on this site will help you also.

    Dave

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.