Realtors who Are also RE Investors

Realtors who Are also RE Investors

Real Estate Agent · Raleigh and surrounding areas · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 14 votes

For those of you who are licensed Realtors and who also own RE investments, how did you structure your business? I am not asking for "legal" advice and know I should consult my CPA or attorney but would love to see what other folks are doing. Do you have an LLC/S Corp for your real estate business and a separate LLC for buy and holds etc?

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    6y

    Ashley, 

    ABSOLUTELY keep them separate.  I have an entity for holds, one for fix and flips, one for wholesaling and one for my agency.

  • Real Estate Agent · Raleigh and surrounding areas · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Thank you SO much Anson! Do you have an LLC for your agency or an S Corp? I think I need to find a CPA that deals with Realtors/RE Investors. I want to be sure I go about it the smart way. Ever since getting into broker sales, I have just gotten a regular individual 1099. I created an LLC last year but someone told me recently that I should have done an S Corp.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.