Foreign investors, LLC, set-up

Foreign investors, LLC, set-up

Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I'm in Japan, where I've gathered a group of Japanese investors interested in US real estate. My pitch has been to buy REOs or other distressed properties cheaply for cash and hold them as rentals until prices rise again, refinancing along the way for further purchases.

It seems an LLC is the best business structure? Possibly with further LLCs to hold properties? I've read plenty about this but wonder if the foreign investor part complicates things.

I've had good reactions to the idea of a four year expansion period, with no payouts to investors and then take stock at the end of four years. Profits would be split 50/50 at the point where it seemed sensible to take money out of the company. The goal would be to create a company which paid a solid income to the investors and to me long term. Is 50/50 generally condidered acceptable or am I being greedy? How about drawing a salary during the early period, any opinions?

I'd be grateful for any insights or advice both about the real estate side or the international investor and business structure side.

Thanks

Jan Watson

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Irvine, CA · Member since 2009 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Jan,

    I've written an article designed for Foreigners looking to buy property in the U.S. have a look at it as there are some questions that you going to have to answer before you get involved. http://acaciacoinc.com/blog/2009/04/19/can-a-foreigner-buy-a-home-in-the-us/ If you have any questions you can contact me via email at: [email protected].

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.